News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I notice most of the other candidates are completely silent, not just about this, but about everything.

I guess that's a reasonable plan. Stay mum until all this plays out, and Giambrone effectively (if not officially) removes himself from the race, and then speak up... but not about this, just about the real topics at hand. I suspect in a few days or next week, we may start seeing a few articles about actual campaign plans from other candidates.

It's bad optics to get involved in the personal issues of other candidates in Canadian politics. We're really very forgiving, I think. Despite it all, I don't think many people should resign the TTC Chair position or his councillor seat over this. They're just not going to support his mayoral bid.

It's bad optics to get involved in the personal issues of other candidates in Canadian politics. We're really very forgiving, I think.
I wasn't suggesting they talk about him.

I was just saying they have been silent about their own platforms too.

Despite it all, I don't think many people should resign the TTC Chair position or his councillor seat over this. They're just not going to support his mayoral bid.
Giambrone is now officially out of the race.

The more I think about this, the more I realize that Giambrone has one narrow option to save his political career:

1 - End his Mayoral campaign

2- Run for his seat in council. He's very popular in his ward and by October, this issue will have fizzled if he can get out of the city spotlight and focus on person to person contact with the constituents in his ward.

3- Spend the next 9 months working hard to improve the TTC. Have something to show for it to keep the job when the next mayor takes office.

4- Run for Mayor in 2014 as he originally planned.

No what Giambrone should have done was step down as TTC Chair then go run for Mayor and when he loses, then the public would never have to deal with his sorry lot again. See he was just protecting his own self as usual, benefiting the community's a distant afterthought. But about being popular in his ward... lol! I used to live in Davenport/Ward 18, under his "leadership" and trust me the quality of life there has steadily deteriorated over the years. Who'll vote him in back? The businessowners who lost customers/revenue after we took away their parking spaces and reduced streetcar service along Dundas? It's among the poorest innercity communties in Toronto and Giambrone has set it even further back. So why is he out to isolate communties ergo discourage new wealth from entering Ward 18 and concentrating the poor as to create a cesspool of crime? No, please I implore Toronto to think about everything this man stands for, his record running the TTC (fare hikes, threats to shutdown the Sheppard subway, one labour strike with another one imminent, $100 million deficit, idiotic split of the 501, service cutbacks) and being the brainchild of Transfer City to empowering an already overrated ATU. The sex scandal is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Check pedophile beside the growing list of questionable behaviours the public can now associate with this man's persona.
That's just totally inappropriate. Sorry to say it, but that statement just makes it impossible to take anything in your post seriously.

Seriously, what the hell. If every guy who thinks 19-year-olds are attractive is a pedophile then we're all going to jail.

So he's done. Probably the best move. He might as well give up the TTC chair position, too, as I doubt any of the mayoral candidates would stick with him after they're elected. Make Mihevic Acting Chair and I think we'll be okay.

The sex scandal is just the tip of the iceberg. Check pedophile beside the growing list of questionable behaviours the public can now associate with this man's persona.

That's disgusting and farcically ignorant.

The lady in question was 19 yrs old at the time of the affair. Hardly a teenager.

She was an adult. A young adult but still an adult. I don't know why people keep referring to people near the age of 20 as teens or kids. This is simply not accurate. The real issue here is whether he used her and his cheating on his supposed partner.

His taking advantage of a situation that called for trust and integrity.

Last edited:
It's been an exceptionally interesting race already, I have to say. Bring on Rob "Mistaken Identity" Ford, I say.

Seriously, what the hell. If every guy who thinks 19-year-olds are attractive is a pedophile then we're all going to jail.

So he's done. Probably the best move. He might as well give up the TTC chair position, too, as I doubt any of the mayoral candidates would stick with him after they're elected. Make Mihevic Acting Chair and I think we'll be okay.

Lmao!! yeah, you're right..how did someone who is only 32 get to be chair of TTC?

Okay my bad, she wasn't a minor, but she's just turned adult age all the same and a 13-14 year age difference is still disturbing.

Anyway, my point was that now anyone and everyone can identify some thing to have a gripe with this candidate; from the local business owner to the transit user to social conservatives whom frown upon things like infidelity and impropriety. Giambrone sunk his own campaign by doing everything in his power to come across as a villian. Ironic considering everyone had first thought with his youth and liberal sensibilities that he'd be a reformer and clean up politicking at City Hall.

Okay my bad, she wasn't a minor, but she's just turned adult age all the same and a 13-14 year age difference is still disturbing.
The age of consent in Canada is 16. Anyways, a 13-14 year age difference doesn't bother me per se. What bothers me is that he was a two-faced lying ass. He even continued to lie about it after the truth was exposed. I wonder if his "long-time live-in partner" is gonna drop him soon too.

Anyways, who is going to be the official joke candidate now?

Back