News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Still, I wouldn't want to send the impression of indifference. Today, it's Niagara, tomorrow it could be Vancouver unfairly contrasting images.

Just so you're all clear ... this isn't unique to Toronto at all - you'll see it in most major cities - even across Canada! That is some people who live out of the city are happy to never venture down (or up / or whatever the direction may be) other then the rare sporting event / theatre / so on ... I know a lot of people who live in the suburbs of Vancouver who say this all the time! It's to busy / dirty / people are rude (yes, even in Vancouver I've been told this) it's all relative of course - if you were to ask them people in Toronto are the rudest :)

Anyway this is all in good fun - I think what gets to a lot of people is the anti-Toronto sentiment that exists on comment boards for the major newspapers in this city (there's one in particular - and no it's not the sun ...) also, whenever something negative occurs - say every region in the GTA increased tax, typically with Toronto increasing it the least (which is a bad thing, but a completely other story) you'll see the typical outraged Toronto citizen shot.

Now go on the streets and talk to people / friends / what not - god everyone I know who lives around my area / downtown / other central locations absolutely love it - and typically think others are crazy for not sharing that sentiment. Yea we our complaints about traffic / TTC / road conditions - but in general most people I know who live in the city, really do love it (in central areas at least, I don't know about others :) - well, even if I do, this is a central vs suburban thing so there comments aren't really important as they fit in that later camp ... which is fine!

Back