News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Perhaps my offer to TOreality should be extended to you as well, jimbogreen. A one-way ticket here, to take ol' grump's spot.

In my experience, Torontonians generally don't think much of their city. On the other hand, I have a lot of friends from Switzerland who absolutely adore Toronto.

Presumably/hopefully the kinds of Swiss who roll their eyes at their homelanders banning minarets...

well.. im sure this next reply could probably be its own thread, but since this is here, may as well use it. I have been doing some research and found an interesting article. On the subway, in starbucks, the street, pretty much everywhere.. I have heard alot of "TO is like NY", "TO is as great as every other city out there", etc. Yes, Toronto has a few plus sides, but its minus sides are enough to single handedly make you want to move out and leave this melting pot behind. New York, Los Angeles, heck, even Chicago have SO much more to offer than Toronto and alot of things are FREE. You can go to many beaches in LA, weather is ALWAYS perfect, you can do alot of things free. New York has an amazing skyline which you can take the ferry to see (FREE). TO however. The beaches. Gross lake ontario trash. Take the ferry to center island at a cost. Crap weather. Rain/Wind/sleet/hail/anything you can think of. You pay for EVERYTHING here. Im surprised there is not a sidewalk tax that charges you to walk places. This city is ludacris. Even Rent. Though Manhattan Rent may be more expensive, I Pay 900.00 a month at Yonge near Wellesley for a 400sq ft studio. Currently there are studios and 1 bdrms in Santa Monica 2 blocks from the beach which is on the Pacific OCean (not the crappiest most polluted lake ever) with a balcony/ocean view for 1000.00 per month. Plus there are more opportunities there, jobs/people/things to do.. etc...

ANYWAYS... Im kind of rambling on here.. the article pretty much compares TO to NY.. its quite funny.

After looking at all the different possibilities out there. Toronto, YOU ARE OUT. There is way better in this world.

http://www.thesharkguys.com/2009/03/09/new-york-city-versus-toronto/

Comments +

I never thought The Beach was a negative for Toronto. Silly me. I'll try to remember it's a crappy neighbourhood.

All cities have their pros and cons. Toronto isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be, and NY, Chicago and LA have a very large list of negatives too.

Back