News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

More douche bag stunt drivers roaming around. :rolleyes:

Police slam brakes on 3 stunt drivers in Vaughan during 30-minute flurry

Alarming trend shows marked increase in high-speed drivers on York roads

One. Two. Three.

York Regional Police nabbed three motorists in Vaughan for stunt driving in less than 30 minutes during a mid-afternoon sequence April 23.

The incidents sparked a series of six arrests for excessive speeding recorded over the next 12 hours on York Region roadways.

We certainly do have a enough facts. Researchers in Hong Kong warned China about the dangers of eating bats in 2007

But in China they blame the spread of Covid on black people. :rolleyes: Nothing surprises me from this country, this a country that allows animal cruelty, they classified dogs as livestock! Poor treatment of women, forced sterilization! Installation of nets at factories to stop the workers who they treat like slaves from committing suicide! Building more coal plants than any other place on earth, which will lead to even more deadly pollution...etc

China is like something out of a horror movie.

There's no argument here that eating bats is an ok idea.

However, in reading all the immunology on the subject, its entirely unclear at this point that that is what happened.

There are a variety of theories circulating.

The strain of Sars-COV found in Bats is not precisely the same strain as in humans. Its the closest known match, which make bats a probable source.

If that species ends up being the definitive source (as opposed to through a third vector), its still unclear as to how transmission occurred. But thinking seems to lead to a third vector species.

From there its unclear if this happened in the wet market or elsewhere, and by what means the virus moved from the vector to humans.

From Angie Rasmussen a Virologist at Columbia University:

"We don’t know for sure, but genomic evidence suggests that the closest related virus that we know of is a virus naturally found in bats. Many coronaviruses originate in bats and wildlife, and coronaviruses that are pathogenic, such as the SARS and MERS coronaviruses, are thought to have originated in bats and then infected other species. We don’t know if there is an intermediate species for this specific coronavirus, but we do know that there’s a very similar and closely related virus that was found in 2017 in Yunnan, China, in a bat.
COVID-19 probably originated in wild bats, and either through direct exposure to those bats or exposure to another animal that was infected with a similar virus, it ended up crossing over into humans. One suggested intermediate host has been pangolins, an endangered scaled mammal that is widely traded on the black market for both meat and the use of its scales and body parts in some types of alternative medical treatments. Genetically similar coronaviruses have been identified in pangolins, but there is no evidence that this specific virus came from pangolins. We haven’t found the “smoking pangolin,” although it’s certainly possible that the wildlife trade in either bats, pangolins, or some other species could have been an opportunity for exposure to humans.
Other possibilities for exposure could be a bat or another animal in somebody’s home or someone who was exposed to bats in nature or to another animal carrying the virus. It’s important to note that genomic data suggests that this pandemic has been driven by human-to-human transmission after the initial animal spillover, meaning that COVID-19 cases are acquired from other people, not from animal-to-human transmission."

I'm supplying this link to her Q&A because its easily accessible, but don't take the source page as any knock on her very real credentials.

Cant we focus on why the plane crashed AND why it took firefighters to long to respond to the crash?

Like i find in USA people don't want to blame China as they want Trump to get hurt bad and Trump wants to blame China as it deflects blame.

So we should look at things in a less partisan way and more holistically.

We certainly do have a enough facts. Researchers in Hong Kong warned China about the dangers of eating bats in 2007

But in China they blame the spread of Covid on black people. :rolleyes: Nothing surprises me from this country, this a country that allows animal cruelty, they classified dogs as livestock! Poor treatment of women, forced sterilization! Installation of nets at factories to stop the workers who they treat like slaves from committing suicide! Building more coal plants than any other place on earth, which will lead to even more deadly pollution...etc

I don't think anyone here will disagree that the CPC is utterly detestable.

Cant we focus on why the plane crashed AND why it took firefighters to long to respond to the crash?

Like i find in USA people don't want to blame China as they want Trump to get hurt bad and Trump wants to blame China as it deflects blame.

So we should look at things in a less partisan way and more holistically.
I know a lot of Americans. They are ALL blaming China. And a lot are blaming Trump for his handling of the situation, as they should, along with many of the governors. After last night's press briefing, even those who had some residual sympathy for Trump seem to have lost it.

Andrew Lloyd Webber says Toronto theatres not opening until 2021

Phantom Of The Opera and Cats composer casually revealed our theatres will be closed until January

April 24, 2020

I’ve got tickets to see Singing in the Rain in London, UK this August. I expect I cant get a refund unless the London theatres are similarly closed.

More douche bag stunt drivers roaming around. :rolleyes:

Police slam brakes on 3 stunt drivers in Vaughan during 30-minute flurry

Alarming trend shows marked increase in high-speed drivers on York roads

One. Two. Three.

York Regional Police nabbed three motorists in Vaughan for stunt driving in less than 30 minutes during a mid-afternoon sequence April 23.

The incidents sparked a series of six arrests for excessive speeding recorded over the next 12 hours on York Region roadways.

From media reports and friends still working the road, the number of high-milers has soared around the province. Hard to beat this guy for sheer velocity:

From media reports and friends still working the road, the number of high-milers has soared around the province. Hard to beat this guy for sheer velocity:

Driver justice in Ontario: "you will get your car and license back in 7 days"

It is unfortunate that Jim Crow laws are still alive in Guangzhou.

The problem with SARS was with the hospitals. With COVID-19, at least in Canada, it is outside the hospitals, especially with the long-term care centres.

AND with the inventory of medical supplies.

All sectors have continued using the "just-in-time" inventory with them, which was fine in the "ordinary" times. That's where the supplies are off-loaded and used. Not so good with epidemics or pandemics, when there is insufficient supply available for any upticks. They should be using a large inventory on hand, going last in first out of the supplies. Getting a hold of needed supplies has been a problem.

The allegations made in this lawsuit are sufficiently serious, if proven, to warrant a criminal investigation in my mind.

Allegations that one group of Long Term Care homes, including several with very bad outbreaks of Covid denied staff the right to wear PPE when they had it on hand, failed to make any attempt to isolate infected residents from those who were not, and declined outside help when they knew or ought to have known they needed it, amongst other things.

Last edited:

Back