News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Also for members of the general public, I'd expect the usage of masks and gloves to be common going well into the autumn and winter, considering that a proven vaccine is still quite far away. Especially when we reach the transition period when people start returning to work in larger masses, and public transit becomes more heavily used again.

Longos is requiring masks as of Monday. Rumour is that Costco will as of May 18. I expect other retailers will follow suit.

When Covid19 is over what’s going to happen to these tens of thousands of now surplus ventilators? Most hospitals usually have three or four ventilators in house. Now they’ll have a hundred or more, each of which need to be correctly stored, serviced and maintained. Otherwise they won’t work when they’re needed again in 10-20 years. Same for all the now surplus PPE, for example anything made expeditiously or on a 3D printer may turn brittle or begin to discolour.

I think we might need them for a while yet....

Today's Ontario Covid numbers.

Case Growth rate 3.1% (up a titch)

Number in hospital down by 40!!!! ( -3.9%)

Number in ICU down by 4

Number on Ventilator down 21!!!! ( - 12% )

Resolved Cases up to 66.5% (more resolved cases than new cases in last 24 hours)

Another day of over 16,000 tests

I've been able to gather a good amount of masks and gloves from different sources. The disposal masks I've been giving to my parents who are in their early 60's. I have a bunch of the fabric reusable ones for myself and other immediate family.

The grocery stores near me like Freshco and Food Basics haven't mandated masks yet, but I'll be ready if they make that decision. I've also been working from home for well over a month now, so I've barely had to use public transit. Most likely I'll be sticking with this routine for the foreseeable future.

I like this graph, so I'm leaving it here:

1588432588103.png

From JM McGrath's Twitter:

I've been able to gather a good amount of masks and gloves from different sources. The disposal masks I've been giving to my parents who are in their early 60's. I have a bunch of the fabric reusable ones for myself and other immediate family.

The grocery stores near me like Freshco and Food Basics haven't mandated masks yet, but I'll be ready if they make that decision. I've also been working from home for well over a month now, so I've barely had to use public transit. Most likely I'll be sticking with this routine for the foreseeable future.

I always wear masks in the stores now. I also have a large collection of women's Hermès scarves that i wear when it's cooler out. i wrap the scarf up around my face, and it's a little more stylish than a surgical mask ;)

Looks like a lot of people are going to be screwed after this for taking CERB but did not qualify.

I applied for EI when I was laid off for two weeks and got both an EI payment and a CERB payment.

I didn't ask for the CERB payment...I asked for EI.

They sent me both. How does one even return the money?

If they're going to ask for it next year when I do my taxes, I'll laugh at them as by then I will have put it into my general revenue. I can't be held responsible for their generosity.

I think I'll spend it helping the economy anyway. Do my part, as always.

Back