News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Repayment info on the CRA site. This bit is important so as not to mess up your taxes and spend months getting it sorted. "In order to ensure that T4 slips are not issued improperly, we encourage you to repay your CERB before December 31, 2020."

You can laugh all you want, they will just add it to your taxes payable. I do believe tax evasion is a crime.

Yeah, I know....I'm in the Panama Papers. :rolleyes:

Besides, laughing is healthy, more people should do more of it instead of taking themselves and everything around them so seriously. :D

Anyway, as a massively net contributor to society I'll even take my sweet time paying it back.....the interest just being more of my net contribution to society. ?

Why did those tools send it to me then?

I think I'll pay it back by helping out some local businesses here in Parkdale and then pay it back again, with interest next year.

Do my part for society because that's what us single, healthy, full time workers do so others don't have to. :)

Repayment info on the CRA site. This bit is important so as not to mess up your taxes and spend months getting it sorted. "In order to ensure that T4 slips are not issued improperly, we encourage you to repay your CERB before December 31, 2020."

Not one of those three reasons for repayment apply to me though.

Yup, I'm reinvesting the money in the Parkdale economy.

I did the same a few weeks ago. It made me sad. Mostly because I'm the tenant so it's really my office, which I love. And also, I suppose, because I have to pay for it even though I'm not using it. But I'm lucky enough to have work.

My guess is that when there is some kind of return to work, my department would only allow limited people in and encourage a lot of people to work from home. I know for sure that they would have to modify the seating arrangement to encourage social distancing.

Driving out to Brampton the other day, i saw some factories/warehouses with party tents in the parking lot, where workers line up and get Covid screened like temperature checks, before going into the building. I thinking every office tower in the city may have to do this. Some of those towers have thousands of workers. They will have to set up Covid screening area's before people enter the office building.

Driving out to Brampton the other day, i saw some factories/warehouses with party tents in the parking lot, where workers line up and get Covid screened like temperature checks, before going into the building. I thinking every office tower in the city may have to do this. Some of those towers have thousands of workers. They will have to set up Covid screening area's before people enter the office building.

Construction workers are doing it at Union. If workers are symptomatic or refuse to be tested they will be sent home to quarantine immediately.

Phase 1 of CERB Reinvestment and Doubling The Government's Money Strategy has been executed.

Just spent two Cs at my beloved local wine bar and a local sushi restaurant.

This way, the government gets the sales taxes and income taxes generated by my purchases as well as their money back with interest AND the income tax on that money.

Can't say I'm not doing my part. :D

"Tax evasion" in style. Dude, Richard....I can't stop laughing about your tax evasion quip. Nice one.

What is the temperature threshold? I was 37.9°C for one day, not COVID-19. Is it a fever over 38.0°C for more than one day or three days (or worse 14 days)? What about if you're right at 38.0°C?

Normal adult temperature is 36.4–37.6ºC. Children 35.5–37.6ºC. Seniors 35.8–36.9°C. From link.

Last edited:
What is the temperature threshold? I was 37.9°C for one day, not COVID-19. Is it a fever over 38.0°C for more than one day or three days? What about if you're right at 38.0°C?

I don't know for sure. if you're 38.0°C i guess you don't go to work that day. But someone who is Covid asymptomatic won't have a fever and will be let in the building and can infect other people.

I think we might need them for a while yet....

Here is the original University of Minnesota journal article:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/sites/default/files/public/downloads/cidrap-covid19-viewpoint-part1_0.pdf

Another protest at Queen's Park today:

Last edited:
Another protest at Queen's Park today:

Lolsies, these people kill me. It's great for a laugh though.

They're bringing in the 5G conspiracy theories now. This is great.

I think I may join the next one with a sign that reads: DOUG, CROWN LAND CAMPING IS SOCIAL DISTANCING!!

Lolsies, these people kill me. It's great for a laugh though.

They're bringing in the 5G conspiracy theories now. This is great.

I think I may join the next one with a sign that reads: DOUG, CROWN LAND CAMPING IS SOCIAL DISTANCING!!
Without sending me a link, can someone tell me what the 5G covid conspiracy is about?

Back