News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-canada-bars-reopening-1.5652671

Some good articles at cbc.ca lately on vaccines etc. This article is interesting for the graph of bar opening versus test positivity. The take-away for me is basically that bars cannot be opened without raising test positivity in the community but that there is a test positivity rate below which this is manageable. That’s meaningful because it would allow leadership to institute a science-based sensible cut-off above which bars would need to be closed. Such a strict hard cap would also help compliance within the bar industry itself because they would know exactly why and when a new shutdown would occur

Some good articles at cbc.ca lately on vaccines etc. This article is interesting for the graph of bar opening versus test positivity. The take-away for me is basically that bars cannot be opened without raising test positivity in the community but that there is a test positivity rate below which this is manageable. That’s meaningful because it would allow leadership to institute a science-based sensible cut-off above which bars would need to be closed. Such a strict hard cap would also help compliance within the bar industry itself because they would know exactly why and when a new shutdown would occur

ColorlessFabulousAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

Lol I went to algonquin park yesterday and nearest person was 100 feet away
Last autumn my motorcycle club rode through Algonquin Park. There was one section that had hundreds of cars illegally parked along the shoulders and I guess well over 90% of the people walking and posing were Chinese or SE Asian. Perhaps these tourists who are no longer visiting during Covid.

Although the scenery can be stunning through Algonquin at the height of 'leaf season, I flatly refuse to ride there. I have had way too many close calls, both on the bike and in a car, caused by idiot tourists. You don't stop, on the roadway, over the brow of a hill, to take a picture because it's pretty.

What? How could such a path exist without at least one point where a part of a major public walkway/circulation area would have to be taken out of service or split in two? Even assuming it's not 100% "underground," how would it be routed?

Last edited:

I have posted this before but it changes daily and is well worth reading:

What? How could such a path exist without at least one point where a part of a major public walkway/circulation area would have to be taken out of service or split in two? Even assuming it's not 100% "underground," how would it be routed?

They obliterated the tunnel between the Royal York and the Station when they dug out the moat so that is not an option anymore. There is no longer any direct connections.

That being said the only direct option would be to cut through the unopened Bay Concourse through to the arena as both are at Bay Street. I can see them trying to create a path via the moat but even then they would still need to go outside.

Between the 1910s and 1963, there existed the High Park Forest School, with OUTDOOR classes between May 1st to October 31st

"Children attended the school Monday through Saturday (half days on Saturdays). On Saturdays, if the weather was good the children were all bussed to Sunnyside Swimming Pool where they were entitled to free admission and free swimming (no classes)."

See link.

Meals and rain dates were held indoors.
800px-High_Park_Forest_School.JPG

High-park-forest-school-class.jpg

Between the 1910s and 1963, there existed the High Park Forest School, with OUTDOOR classes between May 1st to October 31st

"Children attended the school Monday through Saturday (half days on Saturdays). On Saturdays, if the weather was good the children were all bussed to Sunnyside Swimming Pool where they were entitled to free admission and free swimming (no classes)."

See link.

Meals and rain dates were held indoors.
800px-High_Park_Forest_School.JPG

High-park-forest-school-class.jpg

Ok?

Over 200 and thousands of bars & indoor dining & gyms are opening across the province. 😟
I think bars will be shut down in a few weeks.

However we seen in the USAnow deaths are low now as mostly young people sick.

So I expect a lot of cases but limited deaths.

^That’s likely only a temporary phenomenon as infections in young people spread to more vulnerable groups again.

I did read however in an article regarding the outbreaks in Florida and Texas that a doctor mentioned they were getting better at treating patients in hospital cutting death rates about in half. If true that’s a pretty big deal.

Back