News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I know a number of people who got married this year. Simple ceremony, just a couple of people. There will be a celebration later.

Ultraviolet light sterilizing technology introduced at Phoenix airport to kill coronavirus

From link.

8887b6db-cac3-4af9-88d0-c8dd08c6edba-cent02-7c690yxk774ni52ahle_original.jpg

"Novel" is defined as "new and not resembling something formerly known or used". Guess COVID-19 is no longer "new".

I know a number of people who got married this year. Simple ceremony, just a couple of people. There will be a celebration later.

Large, lavish (for want of a better word) weddings and receptions can be a matter of personal desires and/or cultural expectations. As far as I am concerned, some are blatant fund-raisers. I would imagine that a civil wedding or a small, simple faith-based one, would simply not be considered acceptable in some communities.

It's not always a matter of affordability either; I know couples who have impoverished themselves for years into the future for want of the 'grand spectac'.

It's quite the range now; no wedding at all, simple ceremony, multi-thousand event-of-the-year. There was an article in The Star today how social media influencers (whatever the heck that is), are posting their weddings online with paid sponsorships for endorsements.

One of my co-workers got married recently. It was a small event held outside and they had take home dinners in place of a reception.

Being gay meant that I had no expectation of ever getting married until it finally became possible. And then the idea of a large wedding was a nightmare for both of us. In 2003, we were a grand total of 5 people at City Hall. Same when I got married again in 2011! :) I understand that many people want a larger wedding but this isn't the time. Due to immigration issues, it took 7 years before my husband and I could live together. If both spouses are together, waiting a few months for a proper celebration is really nothing, trust me.

Large, lavish (for want of a better word) weddings and receptions can be a matter of personal desires and/or cultural expectations. As far as I am concerned, some are blatant fund-raisers. I would imagine that a civil wedding or a small, simple faith-based one, would simply not be considered acceptable in some communities.

It's not always a matter of affordability either; I know couples who have impoverished themselves for years into the future for want of the 'grand spectac'.

It's quite the range now; no wedding at all, simple ceremony, multi-thousand event-of-the-year. There was an article in The Star today how social media influencers (whatever the heck that is), are posting their weddings online with paid sponsorships for endorsements.

It's can also be family thing - large weddings are de rigueur in some communities and failure to have one can make the family look bad.

AoD

Yep, former UW student here. With UW and Laurier altogether, students definitely rule that part of the KWC Tri-City. There's Conestoga College further out as well. Will be interesting how things unfold in the following weeks and month to come. I imagine similar situations will happen in other University towns across the province. Daily new case counts have already been rising today and yesterday.

Indian weddings are always a grand affair.

I grew up attending all my family weddings with my entire family...

And I want the same.

That is why i delayed the wedding to 2021 as i don't want to get anyone sick.

My boyfriend was angry at his dad going to a big Indian wedding a last month. His dad is 77 and diabetic. I saw the pics of the wedding. No one was wearing masks. But it was legal. it was just under 100 guests in an outdoor setting.

Back