News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

In Italy, they are limiting the number of people in the store at any one time and they are also supposed to practice the one metre rule. When I see all these people in the stores panic buying, I think .... but what about the crowds of people you are bumping elbows with? I've been washing everything that I buy once I get home (cans, bottles and of course produce) ... just like my mother used to do!

It is complete stupidness. People rushing to hoard stuff not a care about anyone else. Stores should limit what people are buying but they're not going to do that. Also, all those people crowded up in the grocery stores....passing the virus on... It's ridiculous. People don't even think.

Not even then - Vodka is only around 40% alcohol.

I was just at two supermarkets earlier - busy, but well stocked. The main concern to me is the number of people in the store - it's precisely the opposite of social-distancing.

AoD
We went to Fran’s for breakfast and Chapters at the Eaton Ctr to load up on activities for the next three weeks. At 8:30am the streets were dead, we had our sanitizers and didn’t touch anything, and purelled after touching the menus, etc. Same at Eaton Ctr, bought more sanitizer at Bath and Bodyworks and then visited Chapters, the place was empty, mind you we went just as it opened at 9:30am and left by 10:15am.

Those employers will just start laying people off.

If they do so, and as a result people choose not to self-isolate...............

And if that business then becomes a public health vector for disease.....

That would be very bad for business.

Shortsighted myopia is not good for the bottom line.

We are going to see some significant economic impact from all of this.

It's inevitable - that's why governments aren't private businesses, and they can't run like a business. Funny how the moment sh*t hits the fan, those who propose everything runs like a business go asking for handouts from the government.

AoD

Last edited:
Apart from the panic buying crowds, I am seeing less people out and about. Many things are closing, businesses are making changes (Apple stores are closing for example), schools are closed, recreation facilities are closing, tourist sites are closed -- all of this helps.

Apart from the panic buying crowds, I am seeing less people out and about. Many things are closing, businesses are making changes (Apple stores are closing for example), schools are closed, recreation facilities are closing, tourist sites are closed -- all of this helps.

They should close all theatres, cinemas, gyms, malls and all non-essential retail stores as well - and enforce strict measures for groceries and pharmacies. Shift to online if at all possible. Things are already disrupted as is - there is no point in dithering and worry about impact to certain sectors when it's already very much in tatters one way or another.

AoD

Mirvish is closing theatres; Broadway is going dark. I've heard of a number of gyms closing. Burlington has closed all its rec facilities. I agree re malls, but I haven't heard of one closing yet. Loblaws companies is ramping up its online services and staffing -- that has been my go-to, rather than mixing with all of those people!

Think closing things and a blanket travel ban on foreigners is best way to flatten the curve right now.

Reduce community spread and reduce new infections from abroad.

Back