News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I'm not believing anything until it happens. Remember how all of the news outlets were reporting a Dec 24 lockdown?

Just heard Tory say on CP24 that he'd be in favor of big box stores being closed down because if small businesses are hurting why should big stores be allowed to stay open? Damn what an utter MORON. Its like the general population isn't suffering enough already so all our politicians, 'medical experts' and the media collectively got together to do everything possible to stomp us into the ground with closing even more stores and even thinking about imposing curfews.

All this for a virus that can barely kill anyone under 70. Almost 300 people die daily in Ontario from various causes and we've never taken such extreme measures to prevent all those deaths, but covid is the ONE THING that we need to throw out all logic and reasoning for and its the virus that we have to stop at all costs no matter what the long term damage will be to the province and its people. :rolleyes:

If that actually is the case this is complete and utter b******t. Case numbers keep going up while the province keeps mandating weak restrictions. Lock down the bloody province, shut the goddamn big box stores and initiate a m***********g curfew.

Until we get serious case numbers will not go down. Look at Wuhan and Australia even parts of Europe. They had some of the strictest lockdowns around and they got the numbers under control.

We initiate a "lockdown" and nothing happens.

As selfish as it sounds, I do think the GTA should get priority nationwide along with Vancouver due to density. The simple fact is that the density in the GTA is higher than anywhere else in Canada making transmission that much easier.

Places like Northern Ontario or the Yukon where people are 20 KM apart are at a lower risk of transmission and community spread compared to places like the GTA where you have thousands of people per kilometer.
There have also been points in this pandemic when places such as AB and MB had the highest case count adjusted for population (I think still do). MT in the U.S. as well I believe at one point. There is likely some connection with density, but it doesn't tell the whole story either.

There have also been points in this pandemic when places such as AB and MB had the highest case count adjusted for population (I think still do). MT in the U.S. as well I believe at one point. There is likely some connection with density, but it doesn't tell the whole story either.

Very true but as I said the easiest way to aid community spread is to unleash the virus unfettered in a densely packed area. It's why places like China and Hong Kong had such high numbers initially versus places like Nunavut which have far less people.

Just heard Tory say on CP24 that he'd be in favor of big box stores being closed down because if small businesses are hurting why should big stores be allowed to stay open? Damn what an utter MORON. Its like the general population isn't suffering enough already so all our politicians, 'medical experts' and the media collectively got together to do everything possible to stomp us into the ground with closing even more stores and even thinking about imposing curfews.

All this for a virus that can barely kill anyone under 70. Almost 300 people die daily in Ontario from various causes and we've never taken such extreme measures to prevent all those deaths, but covid is the ONE THING that we need to throw out all logic and reasoning for and its the virus that we have to stop at all costs no matter what the long term damage will be to the province and its people. :rolleyes:
The problem is that if you just give up controlling spread, eventually it overwhelm the health care system and we're faced with the choice of triaging all elderly COVID patients so we can deal with the baseline heart attacks, strokes, etc. How would you feel about that if you had a parent that was 70 or so on that list of "you're on your own" with COVID?

The problem is that if you just give up controlling spread, eventually it overwhelm the health care system and we're faced with the choice of triaging all elderly COVID patients so we can deal with the baseline heart attacks, strokes, etc. How would you feel about that if you had a parent that was 70 or so on that list of "you're on your own" with COVID?

I'm baffled as to how this still needs to be explained to some people almost a year into the pandemic...

1610389393800.png

There absolutely is a need to control the spread of Covid.

However..........let's let Quebec's chief medical officer of health speak on the subject:

Quebec's public health director, Dr. Horacio Arruda, admitted Wednesday that there is no study that proves curfews stop transmission.

From: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/curfew-legality-quebec-effectiveness-covid-19-1.5864191

We need to focus efforts both on where spread is occurring and also where that that spread is of greatest concern.

ie LTCs, Hospitals top that list. (vulnerable populations)

Followed by looking at where spread is occurring elsewhere in large volumes (meat packing plants would be among the culprits)

There, looking both at options that curtail spread; but also looking at helping staff who may be more vulnerable than others (so, for instance, what about paid layoff for staff over 60 to reduce the damage done when spread does occur.

Back in hospitals and LTCs we know the answers on controlling spread.

Limit staff to one unit/floor with exceptions only for emergencies.

That applies to doctors, nurses, orderlies, therapists, PSWs, etc.

Building more isolation rooms.

Hard capping patients at one to a room; hard capping LTC residents at 2 to a room and going for 1 where possible.

Such actions are proven to work; and will be far more effective than a curfew.

Attachments

• 1610390763839.png
    1610390763839.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 144
I'm not advocating curfews: I doubt they would do much. Just responding to the general sentiment that we shouldn't be inconveniencing the under-70s for a disease that disproportionately affects the over-70s.

Another One...........Bites the Dust.

Hospital CEOs in Ontario...........soon to be classed as 'endangered species'. LOL

London Health Sciences has turfed its CEO after it became public that he travelled to the U.S. 5 different times since March, including for the holidays last month.

May I observe that if he followed Quarantine each time after his return, he was unavailable to be at the hospital for at least 3 months more likely 4 months in the past 10.

Back