News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Considering the recent data about the Pfizer vaccine's efficacy, I wonder why Ontario still sticks to the original schedule for the second dose instead of providing the first dose to more people. The latest vaccine data from this morning suggests Québec, where the second dose has been postponed, has vaccinated more than 110,000 20,000 more people than Ontario.

Last edited:
Considering the recent data about the Pfizer vaccine's efficacy, I wonder why Ontario still sticks to the original schedule for the second dose instead of providing the first dose to more people. The latest vaccine data from this morning suggests Québec, where the second dose has been postponed, has vaccinated more than 110,000 20,000 more people than Ontario.
They are sticking to the original 2 doses as that is what Health Canada has approved. HC say they are waiting for input from Pfizer about the one-dose possibility and the revised storage temperature matters.

I was walking to the RT earlier at the Scarborough Town Centre and noted that the upper level of what was Sears is being turned into the covid vaccination clinic.

20210220_115408.jpg

They are sticking to the original 2 doses as that is what Health Canada has approved. HC say they are waiting for input from Pfizer about the one-dose possibility and the revised storage temperature matters.

Yes, the same Health Canada that is insisting on reinventing the wheel, and doing it excrutiatingly slowly, with the AstraZeneca's vaccine, which has already been approved by the UK, the EU and the WHO.

Considering the recent data about the Pfizer vaccine's efficacy, I wonder why Ontario still sticks to the original schedule for the second dose instead of providing the first dose to more people.
Because you stick to the manufacturer’s instructions. Imagine if hospitals starting diluting chemotherapy drugs because some preliminary trials showed promising results on half a dosage.

Last edited:
Stay-At-Home order extended by 2 weeks for Toronto and Peel, to March 8th; lifted for York Region as scheduled next week.

Going to a pub in Oakville for my birthday. That's what it's come down to. If they won't let me work, I may as well get drunk. I need to get drunk anyway because the feds have completely shafted me on EI and messed up my budget.

This whole year is already looking like another waste.

As they say: You don't want us coming to your town to visit the shops and the pubs? Stop coming to ours for work! :p

Last edited:
Several people apparently thought the lesson from 'Chair Girl' was that throwing things off hirise balconies is not only ok; but won't attract adverse attention.

All the while holding a gathering (party) that isn't permissible in light of Covid. Lots of charges laid. More should follow.

Several people apparently thought the lesson from 'Chair Girl' was that throwing things off hirise balconies is not only ok; but won't attract adverse attention.

All the while holding a gathering (party) that isn't permissible in light of Covid. Lots of charges laid. More should follow.

I was the head of security at the Residences of Maple Leaf Square at the time of the Chair Girl incident.

This sort of thing at any time isn't fun.

Because you stick to the manufacturer’s instructions. Imagine if hospitals starting diluting chemotherapy drugs because some preliminary trials showed promising results on half a dosage.
The goal should be to save as many lives as possible. The manufacturers don't have definitive data on the vaccines' efficacy after a single dose - that data is being collected right now by the jurisdictions that are using them. Maybe Québec gambled by concentrating on first doses, but it seems to have paid off with more than 80% efficacy, and U.S. data is even better. In this context, it wouldn't be unreasonable to do the same, especially now that there is less uncertainly concerning our vaccine supply.

As soon as i saw the headline i knew it was Ice Condos lol. Biggest Airbnb hell hole in the city.

"The COVID-19 death toll in the U.S. topped 500,000 Monday, all but matching the number of Americans killed in World War II, Korea and Vietnam combined"
AIUI, the US death rate from all causes has not increased in 2020 vs 2019. Certainly different people died than would have outside of Covid19 from automobile and other accidents, shootings, etc, but the US did not lose half a million people.

Back