News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yeah, there's some hyperbole out there about the pace of vaccinations. For a quick refresher, a news item today is that the US is going to soon announce they have hit the milestone of 10% of the population being vaccinated.
By some commentary out there you would think that announcement was that they just hit 90% and Canada was years behind them. It's bizarre.

I'd be more concerned about the % of the population that would not get the vaccine at all. I think we are looking at what, about 15% of the population here - wouldn't surprise me if it is higher in the US.

AoD

From news reports I have seen, uptake is better than originally expected in the US ... those who hollered "hoax" are now first in line.

So the recent shipment of the AstraZeneca vaccine is for people "60 to 64". Straightforward, right? Hold on, here is a quote from this government press release: "Eligible adults aged 60-64 (as defined by year of birth between 1957-1961)..." So if you are actually 64 but your 65th birthday is later this year, you are not eligible.

I am so tired of those idiots.

So the recent shipment of the AstraZeneca vaccine is for people "60 to 64". Straightforward, right? Hold on, here is a quote from this government press release: "Eligible adults aged 60-64 (as defined by year of birth between 1957-1961)..." So if you are actually 64 but your 65th birthday is later this year, you are not eligible.

What if you were born premature or late?
f05.png

From link.

But if you were born in 1961, you don't have to wait for your birthday. Works both ways I guess.

But if you were born in 1961, you don't have to wait for your birthday. Works both ways I guess.

A doctor would accept those on the border-line year.

A bureaucrat would not accept those on the line, because they look at dotting the "i"'s and crossing the "t"'s.

"60 to 64" is everywhere in the media. People who are 59 and who will turn 60 this year will not think of registering. Age and birth year are two distinct criteria. Use one or the other and be clear about it.

From the Star: "There was confusion over who, exactly, qualifies for shots in what a government news release called the “60-64” age category “as defined by year of birth between 1957-1961.” This prompted the government to release a statement to clarify eligibility, adding flexibility. "The Ministry of Health is recommending that a vaccine be administered to those who are 60-64 or are turning 60 in 2021. If the individual has just turned 65 and their birth year falls within the defined range, they are also eligible should they wish to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine." My business partner turns 65 in late March and does not fall within that range, but eventually they might emerge from their mental fog!

"60 to 64" is everywhere in the media. People who are 59 and who will turn 60 this year will not think of registering. Age and birth year are two distinct criteria. Use one or the other and be clear about it.

Unless the 59-year old wants to travel and will need a vaccine, and will accept any vaccine to do so.

Don't get this vaccine. Seven European countries suspend use of Astra Zeneca Covid vaccine after blood clot deaths.

Now South Africa.

Don't get this vaccine. Seven European countries suspend use of Astra Zeneca Covid vaccine after blood clot deaths.

Now South Africa.

The rate of blood clotting problems suggests this was just a coincidence, as if people were forgetting that there is a wide variety of ways anyone of us can croak at any time.

Back