News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

JMFC, the province announces that everyone 18 and up in hotspots can get a vaccine, so I go on https://vaccineto.ca/ to book for my two >18 kids, wait in line for 20 mins and then click on each of the three locations, and then have to click on two weeks of dates for each of the three locations. So now I've clicked on over 40 possibilities, and each says 'no appointment available". This is just a ridiculous system!

In what IT person's head does the below make any sense from an end users' experience? You ask me to choose from the highlighted dates, but your database already knows that none of these dates have available appointments. But you make me click on each one in the hope that maybe there is one. And don't ask me to choose a location if your database already knows the location has no appointments!

Capture.JPG
JC.JPG

Is there anyone here on database and website design that can explain to me why it would be so difficult for the system to instead ONLY show me the available locations and dates and let me choose from them. That's how the airlines book their tickets online, they don't show you all the possible flights and then have you click on each one to see if there are any seats available. No, they already know if there are seats available and tell you at the front end, not when you're already deep into the process.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
JMFC, the province announces that everyone 18 and up in hotspots can get a vaccine, so I go on https://vaccineto.ca/ to book for my two >18 kids, wait in line for 20 mins and then click on each of the three locations, and then have to click on two weeks of dates for each of the three locations. So now I've clicked on over 40 possibilities, and each says 'no appointment available". This is just a ridiculous system!

In what IT person's head does the below make any sense from an end users' experience? You ask me to choose from the highlighted dates, but your database already knows that none of these dates have available appointments. But you make me click on each one in the hope that maybe there is one. And don't ask me to choose a location if your database already knows the location has no appointments!

View attachment 316921 View attachment 316919

Is there anyone here on database and website design that can explain to me why it would be so difficult for the system to instead ONLY show me the available locations and dates and let me choose from them. That's how the airlines book their tickets online, they don't show you all the possible flights and then have you click on each one to see if there are any seats available. No, they already know if there are seats available and tell you at the front end, not when you're already deep into the process.

I am trying to book on the provincial site and after an hours wait I got this. I cannot even select a date.

booking.jpg

I've now clicked on the bottom link here.

City of Toronto Mass Immunization Clinics​

If you are a Toronto resident who meets age-based criteria for vaccination, you can also book COVID-19 vaccination appointments online at a City of Toronto operated clinic.

21.JPG

I'm now in some new queue, says more than one hour wait. Thank goodness I have three screens going here on my mad scientist workstation. Oh and I tried to call the 1888 number above, it just says you've called the covid line, we're busy, call back later, click.

I've now clicked on the bottom link here.

City of Toronto Mass Immunization Clinics​

If you are a Toronto resident who meets age-based criteria for vaccination, you can also book COVID-19 vaccination appointments online at a City of Toronto operated clinic.

View attachment 316923

I'm now in some new queue, says more than one hour wait. Thank goodness I have three screens going here on my mad scientist workstation. Oh and I tried to call the 1888 number above, it just says you've called the covid line, we're busy, call back later, click.

I am going to book through the City of Toronto website. I work near MTCC and live near STC. Far more practical than trying to go to some City Operated clinic in the boonies (compared to where I live and work)

Last edited:
Ontario is reporting 3,436 COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths. Based on 33,179 tests. The seven-day average is down to 3,577 cases per day

I am trying to book on the provincial site and after an hours wait I got this. I cannot even select a date.

View attachment 316922
Just book anywhere, if you can. Once you book, you get an email confirmation with a code you can use to instantly re-access the calendar to reschedule your appointment (there's no waiting in line to reschedule), and you can change both the location and the time as many times as you like, so you can keep going back and refreshing daily, or hourly, to see if there's anything new available because someone else rescheduled.

I started by booking the Toronto Congress Centre on May 20, then I went back to reschedule and got one at Yonge/Eglinton on May 15, then I went back again 30 minutes later and got the appointment moved to the Convention Centre on Front Street on May 14.

It's actually rather stupid, and a gamification of the process, but it's how it works.

Last edited:
Just book anywhere, if you can. Once you book, you get an email confirmation with a code you can use to instantly re-access the calendar to reschedule your appointment (there's no waiting in line to reschedule), and you change the location you get it and the time as many times as you like, so you can keep going back and refreshing daily, or hourly, to see if there's anything new available because someone else rescheduled.

I started by booking the Toronto Congress Centre on May 20, then I went back to reschedule and got one at Yonge/Eglinton on May 15, then I went back again 30 minutes later and got the appointment moved to the Convention Centre on Front Street on May 14.

It's actually rather stupid, and a gamification of the process, but it's how it works.

Yea I know but I have neither the time or the desire to book appointments across the city just to get a timeslot.

Back