News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I never thought about it but I did not have one either in a very long time. I wonder if the masking will make things better or worse in terms of common diseases given our limited exposure over the past while.
Flu numbers are way down. Between masks, distancing and staying at home, the spread of germs has definitely declined, which makes sense.

I never thought about it but I did not have one either in a very long time. I wonder if the masking will make things better or worse in terms of common diseases given our limited exposure over the past while.
Apparently inventories of cough syrup and cold remedies are expiring in the shops. So make sure to check the expiry date on anything you buy at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, etc.

Apparently inventories of cough syrup and cold remedies are expiring in the shops. So make sure to check the expiry date on anything you buy at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, etc.
Would have thought the inventory of cough syrup and cold remedies would have been the first attempts tried, until they realize they would be useless for COVID-19 (and other illnesses as well, by the way).

I wonder if masking is going to be a thing going forward as courtesy/etiquette when suffering from colds/flus.

AoD

I would assume so but then again anything is possible. Ever since SARS it has become a staple in Asian culture. Working in Condos I have noticed that alot of newly immigrated Asians wear masks whenever they get sick.

Maybe it is cultural but it is something I have noticed.

I would assume so but then again anything is possible. Ever since SARS it has become a staple in Asian culture. Working in Condos I have noticed that alot of newly immigrated Asians wear masks whenever they get sick.

Maybe it is cultural but it is something I have noticed.

It is a cultural thing in East Asia - started in Japan way before SARS though.

AoD

I'd be quite happy for it to become socially acceptable. There will always be those who think masks are for sheep, but if it keeps us from spreading our cold and flu germs, why not. Plus I now own quite the wardrobe of stylish masks.

Yeah I have so many of them (though admittedly not stylish!).

AoD

I wonder if masking is going to be a thing going forward as courtesy/etiquette when suffering from colds/flus.
It certainly should be (as it is in many parts of Asia). While I work from home, if in the future I have to leave the house with a cold, I will be wearing a mask. It's something I'd considered in the past anyway, but had never been able to find reusable masks in my size (only ever able to find kawaii-style Japanese ones which are tiny). Now that I've sewn about three dozen of them, I have little excuse.

Back