News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I don’t think it was ever a question of demand, but of supply and execution.

The sheer number of people at the Warden Hilltop Community Centre this morning is proof of that.

That has me wondering though if eligibility for second doses in Toronto will completely open up in the near future. Toronto is now at 75% first dose and 20% Second dose.

It stands to reason that the demand for first doses is petering out while there is pent up demand for the second. If they completely opened up second doses in Toronto, I honestly think we could hit 50-70% fully vaccinated by the end of July in the Toronto PHU.

The City of Toronto will now be administering Moderna alongside Pfizer. No information on which vaccine you will get is provided when booking. It is the luck of the draw.

As someone who got Pfizer at a City of Toronto clinic, I am none too thrilled about the prospect of mixing vaccines unnecessarily. If this was an AZ style situation I would agree but Pfizer is plentiful and they should be giving a person what they got the first time.

I am also a little annoyed at the lack of informed consent regarding the booking. I would prefer to know what I am getting when I book the appointment so I can make an informed decision about if I want to take the appointment or not.

Not everyone is comfortable mixing vaccines despite what is permitted by NACI.

The City of Toronto will now be administering Moderna alongside Pfizer. No information on which vaccine you will get is provided when booking. It is the luck of the draw.

As someone who got Pfizer at a City of Toronto clinic, I am none too thrilled about the prospect of mixing vaccines unnecessarily. If this was an AZ style situation I would agree but Pfizer is plentiful and they should be giving a person what they got the first time.

I am also a little annoyed at the lack of informed consent regarding the booking. I would prefer to know what I am getting when I book the appointment so I can make an informed decision about if I want to take the appointment or not.

Walk out if it's not Pfizer 😆

I actually would.
The City Release seems clear to me and says they are giving Moderna only for a limited number of NEW appointments

"In response to unprecedented demand for second dose vaccine appointments, the City of Toronto will be adding 30,000 appointments using Moderna vaccine to its immunization clinics.

The additional appointments will be available starting Wednesday, June 16 at 8 a.m. for vaccination appointments between June 22 and 27. These new appointments will be for the Moderna vaccine only – this is the first time the City has offered Moderna rather than exclusively Pfizer vaccine in its immunization clinics."

If you make a new appointment (from 8am tomorrow) in a City Clinic for June 22 - June 27 you WILL be getting Moderna. If you already have an appt you will get Pfizer.

I'm okay with mixing. It's the immune system we're training, so hit it from different directions to shock a strong response.

The City Release seems clear to me and says they are giving Moderna only for a limited number of NEW appointments

"In response to unprecedented demand for second dose vaccine appointments, the City of Toronto will be adding 30,000 appointments using Moderna vaccine to its immunization clinics.

The additional appointments will be available starting Wednesday, June 16 at 8 a.m. for vaccination appointments between June 22 and 27. These new appointments will be for the Moderna vaccine only – this is the first time the City has offered Moderna rather than exclusively Pfizer vaccine in its immunization clinics."

If you make a new appointment (from 8am tomorrow) in a City Clinic for June 22 - June 27 you WILL be getting Moderna. If you already have an appt you will get Pfizer.

The way I read it, if you booked an appointment in the next block to open up you would be getting either Moderna or Pfizer and that would be how they proceed going forward.

The press release said that you could not choose what vaccine you get, you will not be told what you are getting when you book and that mixing is approved by NACI.

I took the press release to read that anyone who books after the 22nd will get what they get irrespective of what their first dose was.

Since mine is on July 2nd, this means I'll be getting Pfizer again - phew!!

Back