News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

For China:

1205px-2019-nCoV_cases_in_Greater_China.svg.png

Where'd you get this map? CCP Goebbels? Taiwan isn't a part of China and no amount of coronavirus cases changes that.

Sorry about your luck, Xi Dada, but lebensraum has been cancelled. Your consolation prize is the genocide, er, uh "enlightenment" of the Uyghurs.

"We don't want to take a victory lap, but this is good news for us." US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says China’s coronavirus ‘will help’ bring jobs back to U.S. - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/01/30/wilbur-ross-coronavirus-jobs/

I can no longer claim to be shocked by the bizarre things people say, particularly those in the Trump Administration.

But setting aside for one moment the complete absence of any diplomatic nicety, to put it charitably (or being an @#$hole to put it colloquially)....

This statement is just utterly irrational.

How many jobs did SARS bring back to the U.S. from China? (hint, there would be a minus sign in front of the number)

There is no basis to on which to conclude that there will be any employment repatriation; only that airline stocks are likely to decline in the near term, and supply chain problems may adversely affect some retail sales.

*facepalm*

Last edited:
Big yikes- looks like the WHO is compromised:

Some weird praise for the CCP's coronavirus response by Adhanom (you'd think he was thanking them for the virus), and an odd refusal to recommend cutting off flights despite declaring a Global Health Emergency:
Just look at that like/dislike ratio!

And some concerning news:

Honestly- I would try to get some masks and disinfectant now if you can; though they're already mostly sold out across the GTA. Being a bit over-prepared now is better than being under-prepared later, and most of the items don't cost that much anyways.

Last edited:
UN agency declares global emergency over new coronavirus

From link.

The World Health Organization declared the outbreak sparked by a new virus in China that has spread to more than a dozen countries as a global emergency Thursday after the number of cases spiked more than tenfold in a week.

The U.N. health agency defines an international emergency as an “extraordinary event” that constitutes a risk to other countries and requires a co-ordinated international response.

China first informed WHO about cases of the new virus in late December. To date, China has reported more than 7,800 cases including 170 deaths. Eighteen other countries have since reported cases, as scientists race to understand how exactly the virus is spreading and how severe it is.

Experts say there is significant evidence the virus is spreading among people in China and have noted with concern instances in other countries — including the United States, France, Japan, Germany, Canada, South Korea and Vietnam — where there have also been isolated cases of human-to-human transmission.

. It seems as though the most recent outbreaks have come from China. You never hear of major outbreaks starting in Saskatoon for example.
I‘ve been to China five times. Their food and animal handling is abysmal.

”Many Chinese people, even city dwellers, insist that freshly slaughtered poultry is tastier and more healthful than refrigerated or frozen meat. This is one of the major reasons China has been such a hot spot for new influenza viruses: Nowhere else on earth do so many people have such close contact with so many birds.”

“Half a dozen forlorn ducks, legs tied, lay on a tiled and blood-spattered floor, alongside dozens of caged chickens. Stalls overflowed with graphic evidence of the morning’s brisk trade: boiled bird carcasses, bloodied cleavers, clumps of feathers, poultry organs. Open vats bubbled with a dark oleaginous resin used to remove feathers. Poultry cages were draped with the pelts of freshly skinned rabbits. (“Rabbit meat wholesale,” a sign said.)”

I‘ve been to China five times. Their food and animal handling is abysmal.

”Many Chinese people, even city dwellers, insist that freshly slaughtered poultry is tastier and more healthful than refrigerated or frozen meat. This is one of the major reasons China has been such a hot spot for new influenza viruses: Nowhere else on earth do so many people have such close contact with so many birds.”

“Half a dozen forlorn ducks, legs tied, lay on a tiled and blood-spattered floor, alongside dozens of caged chickens. Stalls overflowed with graphic evidence of the morning’s brisk trade: boiled bird carcasses, bloodied cleavers, clumps of feathers, poultry organs. Open vats bubbled with a dark oleaginous resin used to remove feathers. Poultry cages were draped with the pelts of freshly skinned rabbits. (“Rabbit meat wholesale,” a sign said.)”

I think it is a cultural thing but that being said, the standards need to change. I get that people thing this is a better way to do things but it is incredibly unsafe.

SARS, Coronavirus, Swine Flu all started in China. Their government needs to step in with stricter food handling regulations.

It's actually from Wikipedia, which is actually blocked in China:

Yeah, well that map was clearly provided by those same people doing the blocking, if you know what I mean.

Either that or some contributor has a twisted sense of what "open source" means. It, of course, being anathema to swine regimes like that of the CCP.

I'm going with the former.

So a propos animals and viruses, I'm currently looking after a small farm for a few weeks and one of the rabbits is deffo ill. I was thinking of slaughtering it before it dies and goes to waste. What you reckon? Novel Durhamvirus?

So a propos animals and viruses, I'm currently looking after a small farm for a few weeks and one of the rabbits is deffo ill. I was thinking of slaughtering it before it dies and goes to waste. What you reckon? Novel Durhamvirus?
This one came from eating bats, apparently. W(ho)TF is eating bats?

Could be good, though I've had squirrel which isn't, good that is, and I imagine it to be similar.

I think that is why there has been such a stigma in society to Chinese meat eating habits because it seems as the cause of all these disease outbreaks.

Back