News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

NY has a “passport” app. So does Manitoba. Better than carrying around paper and showing your health card. Legally, can venues even ask for that info?

NY has a “passport” app. So does Manitoba. Better than carrying around paper and showing your health card. Legally, can venues even ask for that info?

No, under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, only health providers can ask to see your health card.

Time for some levity...

211290796_10157585500951920_4540657268332641374_n.jpg
From link.
It was in the other arm.

Ontario is reporting 114 cases of #COVID19 and over 15,900 tests completed.

The only downside is the 96 recoveries. New cases are once again starting to outpace the recoveries.

Here's to hoping we can properly contact trace things to avoid another set of issues.

The only downside is the 96 recoveries. New cases are once again starting to outpace the recoveries.

Here's to hoping we can properly contact trace things to avoid another set of issues.
The Delta variant is also apparently causing more severe symptoms so we may need to expect hospitalisations to increase. I await with interest the figures for about July 23+ as they will show the effect of this Friday's greater opening. I expect a bit of a bump but ....

The Delta variant is also apparently causing more severe symptoms so we may need to expect hospitalisations to increase. I await with interest the figures for about July 23+ as they will show the effect of this Friday's greater opening. I expect a bit of a bump but ....

Much like the UK I expect 20000 cases a day out of the blue.

Much like the UK I expect 20000 cases a day out of the blue.
The Wembley capacity was set at 65,000. Then there are the pubs, including here in North America. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

Apparently, there was a little tennis game in the afternoon and a little football (soccer) game between a couple countries you might of heard about, England and Italy, in the evening.

Last edited:
The Wembley capacity was set at 65,000. Then there are the pubs, including here in North America. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

I have a haircut scheduled this weekend as long as that get's done I am happy as a pig in shit. I already had it canceled 3 times.

I have a haircut scheduled this weekend as long as that get's done I am happy as a pig in shit. I already had it canceled 3 times.
I got mine done last Monday at a place in the PATH--not my usual place, as they closed it permanently--but the place nearby that thankfully hired some of their staff. It was very busy inside (six stylists each with a client at the time), though the PATH still seemed relatively quiet, with only slightly more people around than two months ago, though I noticed a definite uptick in the number of people in business attire (men in suits and women in blouses and skirts), so clearly some offices have reopened already but there's not yet nearly enough critical mass for most non-food/coffee related PATH businesses to come back.

Last edited:
I got mine done last Monday at a place in the PATH--not my usual place, as they closed it permanently--but the place nearby that thankfully hired some of the staff. It was very busy inside (six stylists with clients at the time), though the PATH still seemed relatively quiet,with only slightly more people around than two months ago, though I noticed a definite uptick in the number of people in business attire (men in suits and women in blouses and skirts), so clearly some offices have reopened already but there's not yet enough critical mass for most non-food related PATH businesses to come back.

I thought about going to one in the STC this past weekend but I decided to stick with my usual place.

The Scarborough Town Centre was remarkably packed this past weekend. I shudder to think what it will look like this weekend.

This from today's Economist 'newsletter.' "ENGLAND IS soon to embark on a brave—critics say reckless—epidemiological experiment. It is seeking to end all social restrictions even though it is confronted with a large new wave of covid-19 infections. The British government certainly thinks it is possible to do so without incurring lots more deaths and overwhelming the National Health Service. On July 12th the prime minister, Boris Johnson, confirmed that England will end all restrictions on its citizens, including the legal requirement to wear masks in enclosed public places, starting on July 19th. (Other nations of the United Kingdom set their own policy and are being more cautious.)

The decision is controversial. England recorded 201,000 cases in the seven days to July 12th, the highest number since January. That is just 20% fewer than the whole of the European Union combined. Official cases per head of population are the sixth highest in the world and infections are doubling every six days."

What I’m a bit confused about is how it got so bad in England. They started getting Delta infections around the same time we did. They also had way more people vaccinated at the time. We had Delta infections for a while now, but everything keeps trending down.

Back