News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ontario considers implementing provincial vaccine passport system, sources say

From link.

The Doug Ford government is considering implementing a provincial vaccine passport system as COVID-19 cases rise in the province, sources say.

Sources told CTV News Toronto on Friday that vaccine passports have not come before cabinet yet and a final decision on the matter has not been made.

Ford has previously resisted the idea of creating a vaccine certificate program, saying he doesn’t want to create a "split society."
Ontario's Ministry of Health reiterated that sentiment this week, denying that the province was working on a vaccine certificate program.

The update comes just hours after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called on Ford to “step up” when it comes to vaccine certificates.

In response to Trudeau’s comments on Friday, the premier’s office released a statement claiming that Ontario has “the most comprehensive, far-ranging mandatory vaccination policies for high-risk settings in the country.”

The statement did not include any reference to vaccine certificates.

"Already, Premier Horgan and Premier Legault have stepped up, and I certainly hope that here in Ontario, Premier Ford steps up as well. It's time for him to listen to public health officials and leaders like Bonnie Crombie," Trudeau said.

CTV News Toronto contacted Ford’s office Friday about whether a vaccine passport is being considered but did not receive an answer.

Trudeau's comments echoed those of Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie, who on Thursday, put forward a vaccine policy mandating that all City of Mississauga staff and volunteers get fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Oct. 31.

"That's the kind of local leadership to see us through this crisis," Trudeau said.

Crombie has also called on the province to implement a standardized proof of vaccination approach, instead of businesses and organizations independently setting forth their own rules.

"I think we need a universal and uniform proof of vaccination that can be applied right across the province, not region to region," she said on Thursday.

Eastern Ontario's Medical Officer of Health said on Thursday that provincial health units will implement their own vaccine certificate in September if the Ontario government doesn’t create one by then.

Quebec and British Columbia have introduced proof of vaccination programs, set to bar anyone who is not fully vaccinated from non-essential activities, such as restaurants and sporting events.

To support provinces introducing proof of vaccination programs, Trudeau said he would dedicate $1-billion to their development and rollout.

"These measures are going to make a real difference," Trudeau said. "They're going to encourage those who hesitate to finally do the right thing to get these certifications."

Ontario Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca issued a statement Friday afternoon saying he is "delighted" to hear Ford is considering a vaccine passport.

"I have been calling for this for more than a month alongside a wide coalition of partners and stakeholders," Del Duca said. "It is the right thing to do to keep Ontario families safe during the fourth wave and I will continue to urge Doug Ford to make it happen as soon as possible."

It’s still just “expected”, not confirmed. And as always with this government, the devil is in the details.

COVID-19 vaccination passports coming to Ontario ‘within weeks.​

Well, there's a HUGE surprise :->

I think this is what you call a trial balloon folks. See how the conservative talk radio reacts, etc.

835 cases today. 28,528 tests. Hospitalised (incl ICU) 343. (from 303 yesterday!)

675 confirmed in unvaccinated individuals​

For the vaccinated, it's like a bad cold, depending upon one's underlying conditions.

Anyone need booster shots?

240646721_10159961036872139_6239382425241658198_n.jpg
From link.

675 confirmed in unvaccinated individuals​

For the vaccinated, it's like a bad cold, depending upon one's underlying conditions.
Exactly why despite being vaccinated, my 65+ diabetic husband and business partner with COPD have to be just as careful as before... bring on the shots! ^^

Interesting developments in Israel: you are no longer considered "vaccinated" if you have had only two doses. As of September 1 you must have three doses.

EDIT: I read that people with two doses get a six week grace period to get the third before the Israeli vaccine passport app marks them as "unvaccinated".

Last edited:
Alberta feed stores say they're receiving a deluge of callers asking to buy ivermectin due to misinformation that suggests the livestock dewormer can be used to treat COVID-19 in humans.

Lance Olson, manager of Lone Star Tack & Feed Inc., located just outside of Calgary, said false claims circulating about the animal medication have brought the wrong kind of attention to his business.

"It's obviously not intended for human use in any way shape or form. It's meant to get rid of worms in horses' guts … so, these people see that ivermectin liquid, they search it, our website comes up and they give us a call thinking that we can just sell it to them," Olson said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ivermectin-alberta-covid-1.6157200

Alberta feed stores say they're receiving a deluge of callers asking to buy ivermectin due to misinformation that suggests the livestock dewormer can be used to treat COVID-19 in humans.

Lance Olson, manager of Lone Star Tack & Feed Inc., located just outside of Calgary, said false claims circulating about the animal medication have brought the wrong kind of attention to his business.

"It's obviously not intended for human use in any way shape or form. It's meant to get rid of worms in horses' guts … so, these people see that ivermectin liquid, they search it, our website comes up and they give us a call thinking that we can just sell it to them," Olson said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ivermectin-alberta-covid-1.6157200
I was just reading in the NYT that prescriptions for that drug in the U.S. are up to 88,000 a week and people are overdosing...

Back