News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What's surprising (or perhaps not surprising) is the relatively low vaccination rates in parts of the EU - the lower levels at the former Eastern-bloc is to be expected; but Germany having lower vax rates than France, Spain and Italy? I suspect it has something to do with the "natural living" crowd (or even the former GDR?)

AoD

Last edited:
What's surprising (or perhaps not surprising) is the relatively low vaccination rates in parts of the EU - the lower levels at the former Eastern-bloc is to be expected; but Germany having lower vax rates than France, Spain and Italy? I suspect it has something to do with the "natural living" crowd (or even the former GDR?)

AoD
As a culture famous for obedience and compliance to authority, it's quite perplexing really.

Damn, we're getting close to needing another shut down. My kids are in residence at university and I've been pleased that all their classes have been in person. My cousin is at UofT Scarboro and haven't been in a class yet, might as well get your degree from https://www.athabascau.ca/

I was hoping my ACMO exams would be canceled next week. No such luck.

Damn, we're getting close to needing another shut down. My kids are in residence at university and I've been pleased that all their classes have been in person. My cousin is at UofT Scarboro and haven't been in a class yet, might as well get your degree from https://www.athabascau.ca/

It's annoying. Started using Instacart again today. Last time I went shopping in the Manulife Centre, within 15 minutes I saw 5 or 6 maskless people (including a disturbed man asking himself at the top of his lungs: "WHY ARE YOU STILL COMING HERE!?" I was wondering the same thing), not counting those who sit outside the Pilot coffee shop. Eataly is packed again, and nobody cares about distancing at all any longer. That's fine if the figures justify it, but they sure don't at the moment.

It's annoying. Started using Instacart again today. Last time I went shopping in the Manulife Centre, within 15 minutes I saw 5 or 6 maskless people (including a disturbed man asking himself at the top of his lungs: "WHY ARE YOU STILL COMING HERE!?" I was wondering the same thing), not counting those who sit outside the Pilot coffee shop. Eataly is packed again, and nobody cares about distancing at all any longer. That's fine if the figures justify it, but they sure don't at the moment.
People are tied of lockdown ... I don't blame them. I don't visit restaurants and keep distance, but you can't restrict indefinitely, because we're social creatures.

Eataly is packed again, and nobody cares about distancing at all any longer.

If they're vaccinated then I don't see what the issue is.
Either you believe vaccines work and get back to living your life, or you don't and will be under self isolation for the rest of your life.

Hospital admissions are well below what they were under the last two lockdowns peak, and unless we were lied too, it was always about preventing hospitals from breaking down. Not getting to zero cases (an impossibility)

Either you believe vaccines work and get back to living your life, or you don't and will be under self isolation for the rest of your life.

Hospital admissions are well below what they were under the last two lockdowns peak, and unless we were lied too, it was always about preventing hospitals from breaking down. Not getting to zero cases (an impossibility)

Look at Europe (particularly parts of Europe with comparable levels of vaccination to us) - plus the Science Table already laid out the projected pressure on ICU under the current course (with and without Omicron). Nothing to say that we need to get back to full lockdown - but it doesn't quite mean business as normal either - and it most certainly doesn't mean you can ditch the masks and have large congregated activities often without consequence.

AoD

Eataly in particular is a mixed environment of restaurants and market where masked and unmasked people share the same air in close proximity; people invariably end up outside of the restaurant area without masks, into the market area where people can go without proof of vaccination. Just like patrons elsewhere in Manulife show a proof of vaccination to sit in the mall next to a coffee shop and an Italian restaurant, among passersby, some of whom have no mask and don't require a proof of vaccination. I consider that situation to be a bit of a loophole in the public health measures.

Back