News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Unfortunately it's too late for boosters to have much effect in the next couple of weeks. We need restrictions now. The science table says no lockdown is necessary despite also saying it will be the worst wave of the pandemic. It's probably now that it is needed the most. Capacity restrictions where people take off their masks with a virus that transmissible will be useless.

Unfortunately it's too late for boosters to have much effect in the next couple of weeks. We need restrictions now. The science table says no lockdown is necessary despite also saying it will be the worst wave of the pandemic. It's probably now that it is needed the most. Capacity restrictions where people take off their masks with a virus that transmissible will be useless.

Perhaps it's time to hoard toilet paper?

You definitely aren't wrong with that guess:

The speed at which this shot up is insane. Guess I am switching to N95 masks when I do have to go out until I get my 3rd shot.

AoD
The news today is seriously depressing. I worry how people are going to take it. I've said it before: the promise was vaccines would get us back to normal. New restrictions are going to be tough for people to accept. People might just lose trust and not care anymore, which could end up making things worse.

I think the speculation of Omicron's severity has also hurt things. A few people I know have decided that it is settled it is less dangerous. I'm not sure we know enough to really say, but I think we are starting to see South Africa's experience may not be universal.

I reached out to the mods and they have okayed me posting this.

Since the start of the pandemic my family has started selling high quality medical masks to help protect people and keep them safe.

We have two main styles of masks, ASTM level 3 certified surgical masks, and FFP2 (European equivalent of N95) certified KF style respirators.

They are all available on our website here:
Mask Depot Canada

In the surgical style we have, kid, junior and adult sizes as well. There are lots of colorful patterns and designs that you can get, and they are all certified medical grade masks (even though people often mistake them for cloth due to the designs)

We are based in the KW area but offer 1/2 day shipping to the GTA.

With the new variant and Christmas coming up I know people were probably hoping to get together and may want to supply masks for family gatherings (we do also have christmas patterns!), if anyone is interested or has questions feel free to reach out to me on the forum, through my official email: nathaniel@maskdepot.ca or just check out the website.

This is hardly a money maker for us. The business was founded by my 15 year old brother who committed suicide last year with the intent of simply helping our community. While we obviously need to make enough money to help support keeping the business afloat, it is entirely within the family and our prices are set at the most accessible range they can be for it to remain viable for us.

Hopefully this can be a help to some of you who may have been looking for masks :)

P.S. I cannot stress enough the importance of medical masks and particularly respirator style masks over regular cloth masks and other non medical options.

The news today is seriously depressing. I worry how people are going to take it. I've said it before: the promise was vaccines would get us back to normal. New restrictions are going to be tough for people to accept. People might just lose trust and not care anymore, which could end up making things worse.

I think the speculation of Omicron's severity has also hurt things. A few people I know have decided that it is settled it is less dangerous. I'm not sure we know enough to really say, but I think we are starting to see South Africa's experience may not be universal.
Just speaking from my experience today, I feel completely defeated. It's as if two years of sacrifice was entirely pointless. In every way my life is worse than when the pandemic began, and just as things started to turn around, we're being told everything we did since March 2020 was utterly pointless. I'm terrified my depression and suicidal thoughts that I had in the last 2 lockdowns are going to come back if society shuts down again. Honestly, at this point, I'm more worried about the impact on my mental health than I am about COVID, unfortunately. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way. They were smart to say it won't be another lockdown, as I think that would just absolutely break people.

I think a lot of people won't survive another lockdown. Mental health is so bad in Ontario right now. Plus there's no more CERB, so people will go bankrupt.

I had my first Covid test today. The missus has had several as she is a listed caregiver for her dad, but I never had a need. Lately she has been experiencing 'cold-like' symptoms and booked a test so I figured I'd book one as well, 'out of an abundance of caution'.

Who doesn't like having a stick shoved very deep up their nose?

A number of years ago a friend had a benign tumour removed from his Pituitary Gland. They go through a thin part of the skull at the back of the nasal cavity. Today I imagined she was doing the same.

The Star reports:

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Even though there have been practically no cases of clinical infection, wastewater samples show that the new omicron variant is now the dominant strain of COVID-19 in the Florida county that is home to the nation’s largest theme park resorts, officials said this week.

The omicron variant has quickly surpassed the delta variant in collections taken from wastewater sampling sites in Orange County, officials said.

A sampling this week showed that omicron represented almost 100% of the strains in the samples from the wastewater facilities, Orange County Utilities spokesperson Sarah Lux said in an email.

It’s a different story when it comes to people seeking treatment for COVID-19, officials said.

“Those who are hospitalized are being primarily infected by the delta variant,” Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings said Wednesday at a news conference held at the Orlando International Airport.

It’s a different story when it comes to people seeking treatment for COVID-19, officials said.

“Those who are hospitalized are being primarily infected by the delta variant,” Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings said Wednesday at a news conference held at the Orlando International Airport.
Of course this is the case, if omicron has just recently overtaken delta of course the hospitalized cases will be delta, it'll take another couple weeks for that to shift.

Sometimes I wonder what the point behind these kinds of statements are honestly.

Back