News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Of course this is the case, if omicron has just recently overtaken delta of course the hospitalized cases will be delta, it'll take another couple weeks for that to shift.

Sometimes I wonder what the point behind these kinds of statements are honestly.
I think you are missing the point, if Omicron is now the dominant strain in Orange County wastewater it will not be long before it is the dominant theme in hospitals and Omicron spreads FAR faster than Delta. As you say, it's coming!

I think you are missing the point, if Omicron is now the dominant strain in Orange County wastewater it will not be long before it is the dominant theme in hospitals and Omicron spreads FAR faster than Delta. As you say, it's coming!
I think we're saying the same thing.

I felt like the comment by the person in the article saying the majority of hospital admissions remain delta was downplaying omicron or continuing to parrot the idea that its mild when we dont definitively know this.

Hence me saying I sometimes wonder the point of such statements.

I think a lot of people won't survive another lockdown. Mental health is so bad in Ontario right now. Plus there's no more CERB, so people will go bankrupt.
I'm with you. At this point I think another lockdown is only justifiable if hospitalizations and deaths spike the way they did before vaccines became available, and even then perhaps limit it only to the unvaccinated.

I think we're saying the same thing.

I felt like the comment by the person in the article saying the majority of hospital admissions remain delta was downplaying omicron or continuing to parrot the idea that its mild when we dont definitively know this.

Hence me saying I sometimes wonder the point of such statements.
I certainly agree that the article might have been better if it had pointed out that Delta is now the main cause for those hospitalised but if Omicron (which spreads far faster) is in wastewater now it will not be long before it becomes the dominant strain in hospitalised folk.

Just speaking from my experience today, I feel completely defeated. It's as if two years of sacrifice was entirely pointless. In every way my life is worse than when the pandemic began, and just as things started to turn around, we're being told everything we did since March 2020 was utterly pointless. I'm terrified my depression and suicidal thoughts that I had in the last 2 lockdowns are going to come back if society shuts down again. Honestly, at this point, I'm more worried about the impact on my mental health than I am about COVID, unfortunately. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way. They were smart to say it won't be another lockdown, as I think that would just absolutely break people.

I gave up stressing about lockdowns last year. it was causing me so much unnecessary stress and anxiety. We all need to stop stressing about the things that is out of our control. Better to just let it go and focus on the present moment. Just remember a lockdown is only temporary, you can still work from home, if not ,they will have to bring back CERB, you can still "visit" people via Zoom, I found scheduling online zoom meetings with friends was helpful. It gave me something to look forward to when i got up. You can still leave your home and walk around the city. Exercise is extremely important for the mental health. Youtube is full of mind exercises and meditations. Find hobbies to take your mind off things. And before you know it the lockdown will be lifted. We have done our part, we wear masks, we will get our boosters. Hope for the best.

I'm with you. At this point I think another lockdown is only justifiable if hospitalizations and deaths spike the way they did before vaccines became available, and even then perhaps limit it only to the unvaccinated.
If we lockdown just because case counts are up this will signify that everyone getting vaccinated was, outside of keeping you out of the hospital or the morgue, pointless. I got vaccinated because I wanted to do my part in returning Canada to normal life ASAP. If that isn’t to be and we lockdown anyway, well, damn. If hospitalizations and ICU do not dramatically spike I say leave us be.

266359730_10159852345436834_2726478983186361071_n.jpg

Can we share the card?

Surprised it's not higher tbh. Quebec looking at 3.7k. Then again I suppose we were only what. 2.4 today?

I’ve taken up model ship building, see my latest here https://modelshipworld.com/topic/30...eller-1150-kit-bashing-the-heller-le-superbe/

And yes, exercise. God bless my dog as we walk twice or three times a day. Poor chap must have walked at least a 1,000 km since I began working from home in March 2020.
That's cool! I have my woodworking shop but I've never been much for the really fine details you are doing.

Now - do it inside a bottle (the ship, not you)!

Back