News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yesterday's polling on Ottawa protest support:

View attachment 379110

Here's the trucker convoy discussing how they are going to form the next Canadian government, once they take their case to the Governor-General.

The "trucker convoy" doesn't have the "support" to go their way.

from Liberal MP Joel Lightbound's press conference today, he is right, pandemic has been politicized, no roadmap from governments on how and when restrictions will be lifted. dividing people and people losing trust in government

I'm not sure how to post the link to the whole press conference

Last edited:
It's hard to have a roadmap when things are constantly evolving and changing. But it also isn't fair to say there isn't a roadmap; Ontario has released may of them, including the current plan. https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/...sly-and-gradually-ease-public-health-measures

Also, no roadmap could have predicted Omicron - the speed at which it spread and the impact it had on hospitals - we were well on our way to reopening up prior to that, and with luck, will be again soon.

AoD

Joe Rogan is not right wing... He was a Bernie supporter.
*rump was also a Democrat. So I'm not sure that is matters in the end when the information given out is false. And folks are believing it. Like that cited Liberal MP further up this page. /sigh

The rollback of restrictions seems to be set to begin in earnest.

Saskatchewan kicking it off, announcing that vaccine passport rules will be repealed on February 14th, and the mask mandate is gone at the end of the month.

Alberta has some kind of announcement later today on lifting restrictions, though the extent and timing is not yet clear.

Quebec has just stated they intend to lift most restrictions by mid-March, however, as yet that does not include either the Vaccine Passport or the Mask Mandate.
It does mean most/all businesses back to regular capacity, and no work-from-home-mandate

PEI also in on the act, loosening restrictions in phases, with a goal of repealing the mask mandates on April 7th.

I would like to visit friends and family in the US again – and I would like to see a relaxing of the rules that require a PCR test prior to returning to Canada, at least at land crossings to start. But having to get those tests, is a huge deterrent to travel.

At this point, I don’t understand the rationale for it for Canadians with 2 (or especially) 3 doses.

I am fine with pretty much all other restrictions, though it seems so strange to see the US looking like everything’s back to normal – despite much lower vaccination rates.

Back