News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I noticed how diverse the protest is, it's not all white supremacists like the media wants you to believe.

FLQSORdWUAADSAQ

At this point it has gone from a protest to a coordinated effort focused on undermining this nation's democratically elected government.

Supply chains are cut off, medical supplies are cut off.

People who need life saving medical treatment may not receive it because the required equipment and supplies are stuck at the border.

This has to end. It is a national security issue.

This is economic terrorism. My friend who works at a place that sanitizes food delivery crates, said they are running out of crates. they are down to one shift and cancelled weekend work because of the bridge closure. This is serious, grocery stores need those crates for food.

It will be something if he goes full papa and invokes the War Measures Act (or whatever its current equivalent law is called) and wipes out them and also the roots of their organisations.
Then he can start cranking out some Security Certificates on the Americans in the crowd. I bet they will be surprised to learn he can order non-citizens to be detained indefinitely at her Majestey's pleasure.

At this point it has gone from a protest to a coordinated effort focused on undermining this nation's democratically elected government.

Supply chains are cut off, medical supplies are cut off.

People who need life saving medical treatment may not receive it because the required equipment and supplies are stuck at the border.

This has to end. It is a national security issue.

There are also images circulating of children being used as part of the protest/blockade, presumably for the bad press that would result should actions be taken to forceably remove them. This is the lowest of the low - and just speaks to how depraved this crowd is.

AoD

Cabinet can make the declaration. You are correct that there are significant implications for using the military against the citizenry, but they would still be in 'aid of the civil power' as covered under that National Defence Act.

No doubt it is fully legitimate - the problem is one of optics in the current geopolitical context - how easily it could be used to nullify our support for rights and rules based international order.

AoD

No doubt it is fully legitimate - the problem is one of optics in the current geopolitical context - how easily it could be used to nullify our support for rights and rules based international order.

AoD

To hell with the context.

Send in the military, arrest them and if they resist shoot to wound.

Show the bastards we mean business.

I'm sorry but I'm willing to look the other way regarding the charter of rights and freedoms given the situation.

I'm sorry but I'm willing to look the other way regarding the charter of rights and freedoms given the situation.

I don't necessarily disagree especially given the escalation - having said that, it is important to note what the potential pitfalls will be - stuff that we'd have to deal with down the road.

AoD

There are also images circulating of children being used as part of the protest/blockade, presumably for the bad press that would result should actions be taken to forceably remove them. This is the lowest of the low - and just speaks to how depraved this crowd is.

AoD
And they would not be the first to use that tactic.

You would be looking the other way from a lot more than the Charter and clearly do not understand the use of deadly force.

Back