News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Trudeau is doing a good job, for a minority government. Vote him in next election.
...and he and his party will likely win again. Because dispite all their faults, the alternatives seem much worse. And a significant percentage of voters likely already know that.

...and he and his party will likely win again. Because dispite all their faults, the alternatives seem much worse. And a significant percentage of voters likely already know that.
We really only have one national party. The Cons and Bloc are essentially regional grievance parties and the NDP and Greens are at best niche. Unless the CPC and BQ can join, Trudeau will be PM until he no longer wants to be.

We really only have one national party. The Cons and Bloc are essentially regional grievance parties and the NDP and Greens are at best niche. Unless the CPC and BQ can join, Trudeau will be PM until he no longer wants to be.
To be clear, I'm basing this more on competence over policy here. The NDP and Greens may have the better platform, but there's a lack of confidence they can pull it off, in the example. Although I agree, policy based on more exclusionary principles certainly comes with it's own baggage.

...but yeah, we could be having Liberals for life nationally for better or worse. 😸

I was going to try and humourously describe the attached video, but it is just insane that there are people who in their heart of hearts believe things like this. These are the people who want the government to capitulate and stop all vaccines & mandates.

This was recorded last night on Wellington, in the centre of the occupation, just in front of the Parliament buildings.

I was going to try and humourously describe the attached video, but it is just insane that there are people who in their heart of hearts believe things like this. These are the people who want the government to capitulate and stop all vaccines & mandates.

This was recorded last night on Wellington, in the centre of the occupation, just in front of the Parliament buildings.

This was incredibly painful

At least he had the dignity to do the right thing instead of waiting to be pushed out.

Well you can call it that. I am more interested in exactly who did what and why - and then have head(s) fall accordingly after those has been ascertained. Is this just a simple leadership issue - or is it mixed in with all sorts of organizational dysfunction that we would all be better for aired out in public when the dust settles?

I want to see heads fall - but only the deserving heads fall.

AoD

My eyes instantly glaze over when some uneducated (and likely drunken) caker starts rambling on about conspiracies, and social media gives idiots like this a mainstream platform.

This is the world we live in.

I am almost sympathetic to some of them - misguided, but a good number of them aren't truly dreadful people. I don't support budging public policy on their account - but at the same think I don't think they are the ones who deserves merciless prosecution either. What I do hold in utter contempt are the ring leaders, the grifters, the accelerationists and ethnonationalists riding and hiding behind them - and I would like to see the full force applied to those without a single shred of mercy.

AoD

Last edited:

Back