News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

From Global:

LeMay said there were two distinct groups blocking the border at Coutts and further north along Highway 4 at Milk River, and very few of the protesters were truckers affected by the federal government’s cross-border vaccine mandate.

As has been reported, the protest group at Milk River was much larger, as many 1,500 people at one point. LeMay said the group, which was almost exclusively white, included many protesters in their late teens or early 20s but also people of all ages.

They weren’t involved in blockade planning.

“They are just there for support. A lot of them are there just to have a big party and thumb their nose at the police and the government,” LeMay said.

There were also many expensive tractors, trucks and heavy construction equipment parked at the blockade by farmers, ranchers and private-company owners, many of whom were not at the site.

“There is an element of this protest by proxy where this relatively small group of Christian right-wing protesters are being used by people with maybe similar agendas to disrupt the supply chain,” LeMay said.

He said the blockade had been labelled a trucker protest about COVID-19 border restrictions but “that is just the cover.”

Some of Alberta’s largest trucking and construction companies supported the blockade, both financially and morally.

“So there is a lot more going on here than just a handful of truckers who aren’t able to cross the border to make a living,” LeMay said Sunday.

LeMay said the Coutts group has close ties to Christian libertarian factions in both Canada and the United States. His firm’s investigator observed American protesters and supporters within the Coutts group, “suggesting they are crossing the border at will while it is blockaded,” the threat assessment stated.

Critically, the assessment concluded that the blockade, which began under the auspices of protesting COVID-19 public health measures, had become more concerned with “replacing our current democratic system of government with a government that is based upon the principles of the Christian right.

------

Quelle surprise. I think naming them is in order, and the foreign elements and their local associates need to be rooted out.

AoD

Last edited:
From the Globe:

Of course the cryptobros are complaining. Meow Meow Cry Meow Meow.

AoD
These guys are just asking for the Feds to come down hard on crypto transfers and transactions. Do they forget that their entire business in Canada is transacted on federally-regulated internet infrastructure? Those wired and wireless connections to your devices are all on the Fed's radar. The smarter response from the industry would have been a declaration that we're cooperating with the Feds to keep these criminals out of the sector.

These guys are just asking for the Feds to come down hard on crypto transfers and transactions. Do they forget that their entire business in Canada is transacted on federally-regulated internet infrastructure? Those wired and wireless connections to your devices are all on the Fed's radar. The smarter response from the industry would have been a declaration that we're cooperating with the Feds to keep these criminals out of the sector.

Don't forget that the whole manifesto for *some* of these techbros is precisely bypassing oversight and control from the state. It's not about accommodation.

AoD

The next drastic step the Ottawa Police is taking is distributing threatening leaflets to the squatters. I am quite sure the residents of Ottawa would agree that the leaflet stage is unnecessary.
Do we expect to see leaflets being handled to bank robbers, or hostages takers?

The next drastic step the Ottawa Police is taking is distributing threatening leaflets to the squatters. I am quite sure the residents of Ottawa would agree that the leaflet stage is unnecessary.
So when there's already clear evidence of people breaking the law, the next step is handing them leaflets warning them again that something is going to be done to them...someday?

This is the most embarrassing enforcement of the law ive ever seen in my life.

But dont worry we'll call in tactical units, SWAT, Emergency Task Force, regional police, all surrounding municipal police in advance for something like the G20 within seconds of protests:

4742835377_61e465339b_o.jpg

Hell we even call in the mounted unit to remove the homeless off from city parks. Just in case anyone needs any further examples of how the police and "justice" system in this country are clearly a laughing joke.

I think Trudeau's going to have to have his own "just watch me moment" and start removing these trucks by force.

The cabinet has invoked the Act, but the government must table the motion at both the HoC and the Senate:

I don't expect anything until they pass. I suspect the leaflets are just there to peel away the less hardcore group before the hammer comes down - less individuals remaining, the better it is.

AoD

Last edited:

Back