News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think the government has the ability to commandeer their resources under the Act. Their refusal is irrevelant.

In other news - a totally predictable move:

AoD
The way I read the Emergency Order, it proposes to compel "persons to render essential service". Nothing about commandeering their property should they refuse, although some argue a section of the Criminal Code authorizes it but I'm not convinced it does.
Equipment sure, but who knows how to safely operate heavy tow equipment other than those owner/operators who'll likely refuse to take part?
"Safely" may be one thing, knowing how to do it at all would be another. There is probably a cadre of police officers that would have this skill, however rusty, from a previous life, and there is a chance a canvass has already been done. The liabilities are not insignificant unless the area is completely evacuated first. I heard one media outlet mention that in Windsor they had secured some operators from Michigan.

Regarding the handing out of pamphlets, given that any enforcement will likely be under the Emergency Order, and those offences themselves didn't exist a couple of days ago, I don't see it as a bad idea, and may have been recommended by Crown lawyers.

Although the Act says a declaration of a Public Order Emergency is effective the day it is made, the police may be waiting until it is confirmed by Parliament.

So, about the occupiers having kids on-site…

They are the same kind of people who kept posting #savethechildren on their favourite social media sites, use "Please think of the children" as their mantra, and rail against abortion (despite saying "My body, my choice" all the time), LGBTQ+ rights, and violent popular media ironically enough.

They say they save fetuses and (imaginary) children but use their own children as personal meatshields.

So, about the occupiers having kids on-site…

I know there is a real concern here, and it's concern with me too, why the police are taking so long to clear them out when given the full mandate to do so. Because there are children among the holdouts causing the hold up in part...which just reeks of kids being used as human shields, now seemingly demonstrated from this article linked. /bleh

Reminds me of the first battle of the American Civil War...

The Worst Picnic in History Was Interrupted by a War

On July 21, 1861, Washingtonians trekked to the countryside near Manassas, Virginia, to watch the first major battle of the American Civil War.

See link for full article.

On July 21, 1861, Washingtonians trekked to the countryside near Manassas, Virginia, to watch Union and Confederate forces clash in the first major battle of the American Civil War. Known in the North as the First Battle of Bull Run and in the South as the Battle of First Manassas, the military engagement also earned the nickname the “picnic battle” because spectators showed up with sandwiches and opera glasses. These onlookers, who included a number of U.S. congressmen, expected a victory for the Union and a swift end to the war that had begun three months before.
Instead, the battle that day resulted in a bloody defeat for the Union and sent the picnickers scrambling to safety.

On July 16, federal forces led by Brigadier General Irvin McDowell began marching from the nation’s capital toward the strategic railroad junction at Manassas, some 30 miles away, where Confederate troops commanded by General Pierre G. T. Beauregard had amassed. Five days later, ordinary citizens—along with various U.S. senators and representatives, reporters and the photographer Mathew Brady, who went on to become famous for his images of the war—arrived in the area to check out the action. Many people parked themselves near Centreville, Virginia, several miles from the actual fighting.
Out of more than 28,000 Union soldiers at the First Battle of Bull Run, over 2,800 were killed, wounded, missing or captured; of the more than 32,000 Confederates, there were over 1,900 casualties. The battle showed Congress and President Abraham Lincoln that the Civil War would be much lengthier and tougher than they’d anticipated.

Horrible parenting. I wouldn’t recommend bringing kids to any kind of protest.

It wouldn't surprise me if the protesters are using them as human shields from the police.

There was a report of an interview(?) where one of the protesters refused to get vaccinated in order see his daughter in the palliative care at a hospital which has a vax requirement. I have doubts about the veracity of this (given the tearjerker nature of it) but even if it is true, it just tells you how low they'd go.

And in other news - some of the constellation of bad actors were (and still are) trying to push a run on the banks. Good luck if they think that is going to work - and I hope they secured their cash properly <shrugs>. Definitely ain't no simple anti-vax protest, this one - economic terrorism, frankly.

AoD

Last edited:
Horrible parenting. I wouldn’t recommend bringing kids to any kind of protest.

It wouldn't surprise me if the protesters are using them as human shields from the police.

A "friend" of mine posted a video on Facebook of her 9 year old daughter handing out water and snacks to the protestors in Ottawa, announcing how proud she was of her kid "fighting for our freedom". The dad drove the kid all the way from Toronto just to do that. Unbelievable.

A "friend" of mine posted a video on Facebook of her 9 year old daughter handing out water and snacks to the protestors in Ottawa, announcing how proud she was of her kid "fighting for our freedom". The dad drove the kid all the way from Toronto just to do that. Unbelievable.

Doesn't she goes to school??

AoD

One seriously wonders. I'm getting home schooled vibes there, but I'm not really sure (I try my best to quickly scroll past her updates when they pop up in my feed). That family has gone nutzoid.

Probably home schooled. i have a crazy evangelical family near me that has pro convoy, anti vaxx signs posted to the house windows. They are also the only people that i know of that still puts up those "Keep Christ in Christmas" signs on their front lawn at Christmas. The kids are home schooled and no TVs are allowed in their house, they dress weird, they drive old beat up cars, the outside of the house is a mess. It gives off a cult like vibes. The guy told me he's a Pastor and also works in "holistic medicine" which basically says i have a few loose screws.

Reminds me of the first battle of the American Civil War...

The Worst Picnic in History Was Interrupted by a War

On July 21, 1861, Washingtonians trekked to the countryside near Manassas, Virginia, to watch the first major battle of the American Civil War.

See link for full article.
Back when battles were more set-piece, it was not uncommon for European armies to travel with servants, pianos, china, as well as wives, mistresses, etc. (officers only of course) as cheering sections. No doubt locals of the areas came out to enjoy the day as well.

Back