News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Hope you will all feel better soon. The current variants are extremely contagious. If you use rapid tests, the recommendation now is to swab mouth surfaces really well before each nostril. Ontario Health has specific instructions. Also, in vaccinated people, symptoms tend to appear a couple of days before a positive rapid test reading.

Considering my entire family caught it, I am just assuming it is COVID even with a negative RAT.

I will join the sick club. Started feeling off the past few days, just assumed it was from stress from all the work and running around i was doing. Today chills, headache extreme fatigue cough, body aches. Feels like I ran a marathon. I slept in until almost noon. i haven't slept that late since i was a teen.

I'm cancelling Christmas dinner with my family tomorrow. Some of my relatives are getting up there in age, not going to spread what ever the hell i have. COVID? Flu? Cold? Some other virus? I don't have any rapid tests.

I was utterly exhausted when I got home from work yesterday - and went to bed at an unheard of 10:30 at night. I would be amazed if I stay up past 10 tonight. Christmas dinner is needless to say totally not happening - I can barely get enough energy to make myself a sandwich and a bowl of soup.

AoD

Last edited:
I will join the sick club. Started feeling off the past few days, just assumed it was from stress from all the work and running around i was doing. Today chills, headache extreme fatigue cough, body aches. Feels like I ran a marathon. I slept in until almost noon. i haven't slept that late since i was a teen.

I'm cancelling Christmas dinner with my family tomorrow. Some of my relatives are getting up there in age, not going to spread what ever the hell i have. COVID? Flu? Cold? Some other virus? I don't have any rapid tests.
Grocery stores still have them.

I highly doubt that most people are infected already. There's 1.4 billion and covid has been reasonably under control thus far. It does not spread that fast, but I'm sure many people are sick already relative to what it has been. It's a month or two from now where it will be at its worst.

I have not personally heard it is everywhere yet and still have several good friends there but it is definitely getting worse as is inevitable. Everyone being sick in China is something that most people here can hardly comprehend. A city of 5 million isn't even big. The scale and size of Chinese cities and their populations are something else. How a widespread outbreak there would look, is nothing like anything we've seen in the West.
Reuters: China estimates COVID surge is infecting 37 million people a day

At this rate, everybody in China will be infected in a month. And goodness knows that the Chinese government likes to play with numbers to make themselves look good.

Reuters: China estimates COVID surge is infecting 37 million people a day

At this rate, everybody in China will be infected in a month. And goodness knows that the Chinese government likes to play with numbers to make themselves look good.

They are between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

They can fudge the numbers and pretend or declare an emergency and reinstate harsh lockdown measures.

After the recent protests, the Chinese Government would likely rather pretend nothing is wrong. Acknowledging there is an issue and enacting strict lockdowns may lead to destabilizing the government. Survival trumps honesty.

Really disturbing news out of China

It's odd that a country that bragged about building an isolation hospital in 5 days can't handle the demand for cremations.

AoD

Last edited:
While this is a subject I would be happy to leave behind, a column from a somewhat controversial Public Officer of Health in Haldimond-Norfolk in today's National Post strikes me as being discussion worthy, the rather
inflammatory, goading headline to the piece notwithstanding.

I don't know what kind of COVID variant i caught. But i have been extremely sick with COVID for the past THREE WEEKS! I'm still testing positive in week four. Today i had a faint line on the rapid test, the virus is finally leaving my body.
I am triple vaxxed as well. My guess is the vaccines are wearing off. That's why i got so extremely sick. I haven't left the house since i got sick. i got no energy, my legs are cramping up, It's actually painful to walk.

At my work 14 out of 21 workers tested positive and every single one of them have gotten really sick and are all vaccinated. I have no idea what mutant variant is going around, but it's absolutely brutal. If you're immunocompromised or elderly, wear a mask in public. You don't want to catch this nasty variant.

I plan on updating my vaccines.

We finally caught it. I wasn’t very sick but the minor symptoms have hung on. It has been a year since my last vax. My husband was quite ill and was in bed for a couple of days … very unusual for him. He tested positive for two weeks.

I don't know what kind of COVID variant i caught. But i have been extremely sick with COVID for the past THREE WEEKS! I'm still testing positive in week four. Today i had a faint line on the rapid test, the virus is finally leaving my body.
I am triple vaxxed as well. My guess is the vaccines are wearing off. That's why i got so extremely sick. I haven't left the house since i got sick. i got no energy, my legs are cramping up, It's actually painful to walk.

At my work 14 out of 21 workers tested positive and every single one of them have gotten really sick and are all vaccinated. I have no idea what mutant variant is going around, but it's absolutely brutal. If you're immunocompromised or elderly, wear a mask in public. You don't want to catch this nasty variant.

I plan on updating my vaccines.

While, in general, I support keeping one's vaccines up to date, by nature of having just begun to recover from the illness in question, you are now de facto vax'ed against this particular version.

You need to confirm what variant you had, and what variant vaxes are available and discuss the utility of a further vaccination w/your physician.

On the subject of cramping and such.......based on my own previous experience w/Covid, it seems to have a high propensity for causing dehydration.

I know I didn't feel thirsty; but I ended up severely dehydrated just the same.

Try to make a point of consuming far more water than you think is normal; and nix any booze for the duration.

I tested positive for Covid early last week as well. Symptoms were mostly minor except for a 3-day ferocious headache that even my usual Advil couldn't subdue. Headache and soreness etc were gone in ~4-5 days. I tested negative Tuesday afternoon, but still have a lingering cough.

Given how many people I know of that have contracted COVID in the past few weeks, I think it is fair to say that we are in a bit of a wave right now. The PHO wastewater monitoring seems to confirm this.

1697690401402.png

Back