News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I expect Ford will cave in and Ontario will be next dropping the mask mandate.

Worked well in California :rolleyes:

Originally scheduled for my second shot for September 4. At the time they told me that would change. Got automatically rebooked for July 24. Then I found an appointment for July 11. Then one for July 3. Then yesterday, the pharmacy calls. I was able to get my second shot yesterday. The stop I got off the bus at is called Delta. Make of that what you will.

Many municipalities have mask bylaws. And businesses could still enforce on their premises.
I think most businesses have caved and will just follow local orders. Too many anti-maskers that will kick up a stink otherwise.

Australia was a success story and now they are locking down again.

Yep. They are relying solely on AZ and wishful thinking at this point.

They are not expecting full vaccination for majority of aussies until December which is bizzare. I was noticing a 28 year old Australian reporter on twitter promoting her FIRST dose of AZ because of all the hesitancy there to get vaccinated.

I feel bad for them because honestly they are so backwards in terms of this pandemic. The more I read about Australia's handling of the pandemic, the more I realise they are f***ed.

Life seems to be getting back to normal for us. Both are double shot (no sticking keys for either of us) and we are both shorn as of noon today, I went into Canadian Tire for the first time in something like 8 months and still can't find anything in that GD store, and I'm heading up to see out daughter for only the second time since this whole thing began and delivering a piece of furniture I built over the winter. If masks and capacity limits hang on for a number of more months I can live with that; although I am looking forward to resuming our weekly old farts breakfast table of 8-10.

Yep. They are relying solely on AZ and wishful thinking at this point.

They are not expecting full vaccination for majority of aussies until December which is bizzare. I was noticing a 28 year old Australian reporter on twitter promoting her FIRST dose of AZ because of all the hesitancy there to get vaccinated.

I feel bad for them because honestly they are so backwards in terms of this pandemic. The more I read about Australia's handling of the pandemic, the more I realise they are f***ed.

I wouldn't laugh - they did fine controlling the pandemic, only faltering at the vaccination part. Overall they had been in a far better position than we were.

AoD

I wouldn't laugh - they did fine controlling the pandemic, only faltering at the vaccination part. Overall they had been in a far better position than we were.

AoD

Yes but you can't isolate without unleashing other problems.

Isolate your country for too long and you trash your economy. Open it up to save the economy and you risk bringing in a case of the virus which is what happened to Australia.

That case multiplies, more people get sick and next thing you know there are hundreds of new cases.

The reality is they were banking on isolation and border controls to be the panacea in all of this.

They likely thought that given their location on earth they could Isolate themselves until this blew over. The pandemic dragged on for longer than expected and they didn't have any plans for vaccines.

Now it is too late to be put in priority queue for vaccines and they are up the creek in an overturned canoe.

Back