News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Legault being a tyrant.........

The evidence does not correspond to the action.
Honestly, the most useless thing might be the curfew.

I don't think it provides the help that would be worth the hassle of enforcement.

I will say, though, ICU numbers in Ontario are a little concerning. Catching up to 2nd wave numbers.

Honestly, the most useless thing might be the curfew.

I don't think it provides the help that would be worth the hassle of enforcement.

I will say, though, ICU numbers in Ontario are a little concerning. Catching up to 2nd wave numbers.

There is no scientific evidence in support of a curfew; and in fact; the evidence such as it is, leans the other way.

Because people will simply gather in one fashion or another (shopping, work etc.) within the time available, meaning the same number of people in less space which equals increased crowding.

Its utterly foolish.

As to ICU numbers..........let's look at the graph courtesy Dr. Jennifer Kwan MD:

1640906208844.png

That's not setting off any alarm bells for me..........at least not yet.

Lets also look at hospitalizations:

1640906333201.png

There is no scientific evidence in support of a curfew; and in fact; the evidence such as it is, leans the other way.

Because people will simply gather in one fashion or another (shopping, work etc.) within the time available, meaning the same number of people in less space which equals increased crowding.

Its utterly foolish.

As to ICU numbers..........let's look at the graph courtesy Dr. Jennifer Kwan MD:

View attachment 372328

That's not setting off any alarm bells for me..........at least not yet.

Lets also look at hospitalizations:

View attachment 372329

Well there is a lot of unknowns at this point. Across Canada hospitals are dealing with a shortage of staff. An ICU bed is only called that if there is a qualified team to manage it. ICU beds are useless without qualified staff. It should be public knowledge to know what those numbers are.

Well there is a lot of unknowns at this point. Across Canada hospitals are dealing with a shortage of staff. An ICU bed is only called that if there is a qualified team to manage it. ICU beds are useless without qualified staff. It should be public knowledge to know what those numbers are.

All you had to do was ask.......

1640910056110.png

Original Data Source:

1640910155020.png

Beds available as listed by CCO (Critical Care Ontario) are considered to be staffed and ready.

All you had to do was ask.......

Original Data Source:

Beds available as listed by CCO (Critical Care Ontario) are considered to be staffed and ready.
Jonathan Kay is not the first person I would ask; anyway, this is just the beginning. January and February won't be pleasant for anyone needing medical care in this province.

Jonathan Kay is not the first person I would ask; anyway, this is just the beginning. January and February won't be pleasant for anyone needing medical care in this province.

I did cite the original data, which is from the government of Ontario.

The data is not in dispute.

Mr. Kay was merely an observant of it, not postulating anything novel.

I'm all about the science, on this and every other subject.

Facts, supported by evidence which can be corroborated.

That's the 29th. Unless you have a crystal ball, we have no idea what the ICU will look like in the weeks to come. Hospitals have dealt with shortages this entire pandemic.

The 29th is yesterday, which is the most recent data available.

No one has a crystal ball; the most you can do is extrapolate trendlines forward.

You seem to start from your opinion, then consider evidence only if it supports your thesis; and dismiss the rest.

Last edited:
Extrapolating trendlines for things that have gone exponential is a dicey thing, at best. The experiences in UK - which is somewhat ahead of us in the curve, offers some clues:

The number of people in England hospitalized with COVID-19 increased to 10,462 on Wednesday from 7,366 on Dec. 24, government figures show. Wednesday’s number was the highest since March 1. The figure is still well below the peak of 34,336 recorded on Jan. 18.

We shall see when and where it peaks. In the meantime, the NHS seems to be acting with more prudence than we are.

AoD

Last edited:
That's the 29th. Unless you have a crystal ball, we have no idea what the ICU will look like in the weeks to come. Hospitals have dealt with shortages this entire pandemic.
The UK's hospitalizations are trending down. They had Omicron earlier than us.

Pro-lockdown people are shifting goalposts. First, it's "We don't know anything about hospitalization", then "South Africa is a young and poor country", then "We don't know the effects of vaccinations on Omicron", and now it's "It's not happened elsewhere but it's going to happen here for an unspecified reason."
1640913220031.png

The UK's hospitalizations are trending down. They had Omicron earlier than us.

Pro-lockdown people are shifting goalposts. First, it's "We don't know anything about hospitalization", then "South Africa is a young and poor country", then "We don't know the effects of vaccinations on Omicron", and now it's "It's not happened elsewhere but it's going to happen here for an unspecified reason."
View attachment 372345

See the Global News piece above. Also:

1640914499441.png

I don't believe that's trending down. What your data has shown is variations in the plateau period between what, August to late December, which from the latest data is clearly something that hasn't held.

AoD

Last edited:
See the Global News piece above. Also:

View attachment 372348

I don't believe that's trending down. What your data has shown is variations in the plateau period between what, August to late December, which from the latest data is clearly something that hasn't held.

AoD
Your data seems different than mine ... their restrictions are also much laxer (is that a word?)

Your data seems different than mine ... their restrictions are also much laxer.

Your data ended on December 24th (and I couldn't even tell if there are data quality issues on the last two days of that chart - if I had to guess, I'd think it's delayed reporting). And what does hospitalization has to do with restrictions? The latter should only affect the infection rate, not the rate of hospitalization among those who had been infected (generally speaking).

AoD

Last edited:

Back