News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Studies say booster effectiveness is only good for 10 weeks. Bring on the fourth shots.

Why don't they just come out and say it? Unless covid disappears on its own, we're going to be asked to get a booster every 6 months in perpetuity.

C451F392-8E1F-47FB-995E-1657AE6F339E.jpeg

So I saw this at my local Pharmasave.

Speaking of elderly care, these images of seniors homes terrify me. I refuse to end up in one, mentally addled and bedridden due to dementia, surrounded by increasingly frightening sounds, fearful of being attacked or robbed by other residents or abused and neglected by the staff, all while stinking of piss, sitting in my own excrement whilst my family wait for me to die like the Stone Angel’s Hagar Shipley. No way..... if I ever get dementia or otherwise appear to be headed to Sunset Villa or whatever these warehouses are called, I’ll be going to the doctor for a voluntary exit. Those places scare the hell out of me. Why do we treat our elderly so? Hopefully one benefit of Covid19 and its decimation of Canada’s warehoused elders is a review and changes to senior care.
@Jonny5 @Towered this is exactly what I was referring to, https://www.thestar.com/news/invest...kville-nursing-home-see-or-hear-anything.html

And with Covid keeping family and guardians at bay it’s a free for all against the residents.

No way I’m ending up in such a place. The day I get a terminal dementia diagnosis whilst I’m still lucent I’m planning my voluntary exit.

I don’t understand people’s preference for one vaccine brand over another. Just get the damn jab already and be done with it. Yesterday pharmacist were on the news saying that there’s a high percentage of people turning down third doses just cause it’s not their preferred brand.

I personally got flak from my parents for getting a Moderna dose for my second after having received Pfizer for the first. But I had no choice during the mass vaccination during the summer when Pfizer was in limited supply. My third dose was Pfizer as I had a choice. Ironically my parents have now shut their mouths after receiving Moderna for their third dose having no choice at a TPH mass vaccination site. This is after the first two doses being Pfizer.

My apologizes for the rant, but this is quite prevelant and it’s just dumb. Doesn’t help that certain ethnic groups also fuel this through non-scientific reasoning and gossip.

I don’t understand people’s preference for one vaccine brand over another. Just get the damn jab already and be done with it. Yesterday pharmacist were on the news saying that there’s a high percentage of people turning down third doses just cause it’s not their preferred brand.

I personally got flak from my parents for getting a Moderna dose for my second after having received Pfizer for the first. But I had no choice during the mass vaccination during the summer when Pfizer was in limited supply. My third dose was Pfizer as I had a choice. Ironically my parents have now shut their mouths after receiving Moderna for their third dose having no choice at a TPH mass vaccination site. This is after the first two doses being Pfizer.

My apologizes for the rant, but this is quite prevelant and it’s just dumb. Doesn’t help that certain ethnic groups also fuel this through non-scientific reasoning and gossip.

The hilarious part is Moderna's larger booster dose (50mcg vs Pfizer's 30mcg), and supposedly the specific parts of the spikes it targets gives Moderna a better efficacy against Omicron. Real-world studies have almost always shown Moderna has a better overall efficacy and longer protection than Pfizer since the very beginning.

There's lots of stuff like this:
The study found that in July in Florida, where COVID cases were at an all-time high and the delta variant was prevalent, the risk of a breakthrough case was 60% lower for Moderna recipients as compared to Pfizer recipients.

Similarly, in Minnesota that same month, the authors found that the Moderna vaccine was 76% effective at preventing infection, but the Pfizer vaccine was 42% effective. (source)

I've said this elsewhere, but it's so depressing that healthcare has to glumly tell shot-seekers "we're only offering Moderna" like they're ashamed and having to say, "we only have RC Cola". Moderna as a company was literally created for the purpose of researching and developing mRNA treatments. You'd tend to think they know what they're doing.

For all the people demanding one brand vs another, I would like to know if they also do that when getting their flu shot or their kids’ immunizations. It’s a weird new phenomenon.
The same with Antivaxxers. Despite claims from some that "I'm not anti-vax, just anti-this-vax", I find they don't bother to discriminate between the various types of C-19 vaccines. They're all "experimental" and going to alter our DNA irreparably, give us cancer and cause our poop to glow neon blue.

Back