News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I am. Having a H.S.Thompson-like split with society and its absurdities, one of which is the belief that Biden and Trump aren't two faces of the same coin.

I'm assuming no reason went into your Biden fandom with that response so carry on. Why you'd support a racist is beyond me, but I'm of a different generation, I'm assuming,...

I'll assume that the vast, vast bulk of the "different generationers" behind BLM are going to be voting for Biden this fall. They aren't going to waste their vote on Libertarian, or Green, or Kanye or some such write-in.

Last edited:
It's gotta be bad when Trump clashes with someone from Fox News...

Trump clashes with Fox News interviewer over false claim about Biden

Sat 18 Jul 2020

Donald Trump has clashed with a Fox News interviewer after the president was challenged about a false claim that Joe Biden wants to defund police.

In a clip of Chris Wallace’s Fox News Sunday interview with Trump released on Friday, the president said that his likely opponent in November’s presidential election supported the movement to defund police forces.

But in the interview held on the Oval Office patio, Wallace intervened to say that Biden did not support defunding.

Trump, hoping to prove his allegation, is then seen calling for a copy of a policy charter Biden agreed with Bernie Sanders and which was released this week. The document did not prove his claim.

Last edited:
He's getting desperate. And his loss is entirely his own doing. If he had managed the pandemic well, he'd be cruising to re-election.
Trump is losing so badly that a good number of seniors, who are generally a Republican-voting demographic, are choosing Biden this year. Not just that, but some of Trump's most loyal supporters kill themselves from COVID-19 from the combination of their stubbornness and their stupidity.

Trump is losing so badly that a good number of seniors, who are generally a Republican-voting demographic, are choosing Biden this year. Not just that, but some of Trump's most loyal supporters kill themselves from COVID-19 from the combination of their stubbornness and their stupidity.

As I said before this could be a repeat of Reagan vs Mondale but for the Dems this time.

US: Arizona Republican says 'I want my party back'

Linda Rawles has been a Republican since she was 13. Now she's fighting against her own president, Donald Trump — and she isn't alone, as Ines Pohl reports from Arizona.

77,000 new cases in the US yesterday.
The only way to stop this pandemic is to stop testing people. Based on Trump's insane logic, since testing magically creates cases, (yes he actually said that) they should stop testing people and boom no more COVID cases. Probably why he suggested slowing the testing down.

The only way to stop this pandemic is to stop testing people. Based on Trump's insane logic, since testing magically creates cases, (yes he actually said that) they should stop testing people and boom no more COVID cases. Probably why he suggested slowing the testing down.

I am ok with that.. just block and ban all travel to and from the US for the foreseeable future.

Huh? The article certainly suggested no such "ties to China". At best you can argue they aren't "new blood" along the these lines:

AoD

Meh, Obama's foreign policy was easily one of his weakest parts of his presidency. They talked the talk..but when it came to action, was afraid of enforcing anything that imposed a cost on foreign powers. As such- Ukraine, Syria, the Asia pivot, the South China Seas, etc. etc. Not to say this in support of Trump, but Biden is hardly better in terms of China, and a tiger doesn't change his stripes in a span of a few months IMO.

He had been Vice President Joe Biden’s right-hand man for almost two decades and finished out the Obama administration as deputy secretary of state. He was known for his unimpeachable ethics. Having written Biden’s speeches for years, he had started to enunciate with the vice president’s drawl when he appeared on CNN. He had never cashed in on his international connections, years of face time with Saudi, Israeli, and Chinese leaders.

His name was Tony Blinken. With his commitment to join Flournoy as founding partner, a new strategic consultancy was born. They called it WestExec Advisors.
Blinken is back to consulting for the vice president. In a video on Biden’s Twitter feed this April, he was introduced as senior foreign-policy adviser, explaining the candidate’s China policy. At the same time, WestExec advertises on its website that it will “develop a strategy for expanding market access in China” for clients. And a recent post on WestExec’s LinkedIn page displays Obama and Blinken chatting at the end of the board table.

Biden’s critical views on China today, however, may be surprising to many because he used to be a true believer of the “engagement with China” doctrine. That was embodied in his support for granting China Most Favored Nation trade status. On a trip to Taiwan in 2001, Biden explained the rationale behind this doctrine: “The more they [meaning China] have to lose, the more they are likely to begin to accommodate international norms.” As late as last May, Biden mocked President Donald Trump’s trade war with China by downplaying the threat. “China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man… they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what: they’re not competition for us,” Biden said.
Far from being a maverick in foreign policy circles, Biden represents generations of U.S. policymakers who believed in the “China engagement” policy and strategic ambiguity on the “Taiwan question.” On the matter of the TSEA, former Senator John Kerry also argued that the act was “at least provocative and potentially dangerous.” Even former House Representative Tom Lantos, who had contributed to President Lee’s unprecedented visit to the U.S., spoke critically of the TSEA, saying that “in public diplomacy, ambivalence and ambiguity have a long-established and distinguished place.”

Back