News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Man. Fuck John Bolton. He had a chance to save America. He chose a payout from a publisher instead.

VIrtually every poll says we'll have the lesser evil in January. Now we just hope that Trump doesn't restart the Korean War with a Tweet, and we should be able start 2021 off right.

VIrtually every poll says we'll have the lesser evil in January. Now we just hope that Trump doesn't restart the Korean War with a Tweet, and we should be able start 2021 off right.

Election of a new president is one thing, how to deal with the lingering effects of the polarization (and the damage caused by 45 and his enablers) is a different thing entirely - and I am not sure what the path out of that woods is. Inability to figure it out will only lead to the same thing 4 or 8 years down the road - and I am not sure if the American polity can handle that.

AoD

The cult of Trump is truly scary, curious to see what people that made being a Trump supporter their entire personality trait are going to do when he loses. One can only hope enough of them see the light to avoid another Trump in 2024.

There’s plenty of time for the incredible to occur. Maybe foreseeing a rout in November, Trump declares victory, resigns and appoints Pence as Prez, the latter of whom pardons Trump of all federal crimes. Maybe Biden dies after winning in November but before swearing in in January, does that mean Biden’s VP becomes President? Anything can happen in these next six months.

I dont see Biden really solving the problem... he is not an idea man he is sort of just a guy focused on going back to 2016 really. Which is good but it does not solve the big issues in America.

2024 i think is the election that will interesting.

I am calling
AOC
vs
Pence
vs
The Rock

Donald Trump "employee" review is coming up soon. Form needs to be altered to "4-Year Review".

Employee-Annual-Review-Form.jpg

From link.

I think Trump can win even with a 4-5% popular vote loss

Issue is states like FL, Wis, Pen, NC are still close
If the States would just switch from winners takes all to proportional distribution of electoral college votes then every state become a battle ground state. This is to the benefit of everyone, on either side.

Joe Biden is like John Tory to Trump's Rob Ford - a safe, middle of the road choice that, if victorious, will restore some dignity to the White House, but don't expect any bold ideas or vision.

If the States would just switch from winners takes all to proportional distribution of electoral college votes then every state become a battle ground state. This is to the benefit of everyone, on either side.

They can't even decide whether mail-in ballots should be used; that districts boundaries should be decided by a non-partisan commission; that one shouldn't be closing ballots to bias the results. Good luck.

AoD

Joe Biden is like John Tory to Trump's Rob Ford - a safe, middle of the road choice that, if victorious, will restore some dignity to the White House, but don't expect any bold ideas or vision.
yeah I could see the AOC wing of democrats being the main opposition to Biden actually lol

There‘s a good chance AOC gets tossed in November.

Actually, as a primary, it'd be this upcoming week, not November. (In this kind of CD, once you score the Dem nomination, election in November is all but guaranteed.)

For the record, I read that an AOC-commissioned May poll gave her a 73%-11% lead--take from that what you will; yes, things may tighten, but this is really more the equivalent of, in Toronto terms, a strong NDP city-councillor incumbent being challenged by an establishment Liberal. And from what I gather, there's less likelihood of AOC being ousted than of another establishment NYC congressional Dem (Elliot Engel) being ousted by an AOC-style progressive; so, one step further to the left, then...

Back