News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

True. There's just so little Class B and lower space of significance that A: it wouldn't make a dent in overall vacancy and B: wouldn't really peak our interest beyond a footnote. The buildings highlighted in the article are exactly background infill.

Right now, it's all speculation of course, but it would be nice to see conversions happen. Depending on how things go, Calgary could become very viable for this due to the sheer amount of office space in all classes that it has. Because there is so much class A space, it could be a case where class C and, lower end Class B buildings just never recover and yield good returns again.

Hi Group,

I could See Various Bldgs being Renovated as such. This would allow smaller Companies/Business to have Office Space at reasonable costs to suit Their Budgets. OK it may not work for everyone granted but at least its making use of Commercial Space in the Core and Belt Line. Beats having It siting there doing nothing. A Little Bit of Marketing Goes a Long Way. With the recent Wave of Buyouts/Consolidations taking Place I expect to see some Form of Office Space Readjustments in the Core. True at this point, its anyone's guess so Lets See what Happens, Hopefully.

Tnx,
Operater.

I could see some buildings getting converted. It wouldn't much right now, as the residential market isn't very strong, but I believe there is a niche market for some loft style residential...something Calgary has very little of at the moment.

It looks like some of the posts from the office development thread have moved over here now. I haven't thought about this topic for a while, but I can't help but think this vacancy situation is gonna last a while. It could very well be that we see some conversions in the future.

Even though the O&G industry seems to be picking up, office space isn't getting absorbed any quicker. I heard that with Cenovus swallowing up Connoco that there have been some layoffs at Connoco.

I wonder if anyone has looked into the idea of converting some space to seniors nursing homes? I mention this because the design isn't typically the same as market condos. Maybe an office building would be an easy conversion?

I wonder if anyone has looked into the idea of converting some space to seniors nursing homes? I mention this because the design isn't typically the same as market condos. Maybe an office building would be an easy conversion?
There's a shortage of seniors homes in Calgary, so maybe it's a good fit.

Back