News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I live around there (Downtown West End), and it is generally pretty quiet. Having said that, I have an 8 month old baby at home, so it is not like I am out in the evenings a lot anyway. The good part about that location (Place 926) is it is a 3 minute walk to Kensington and everything it has to offer, so no lack of amenities.

The Intergulf project is a tower approved in 2014, that is listed on their website as "coming soon":
http://www.intergulf.com/projects.htm

Really happy to hear that Barron is indeed one of the buildings to be converted. People will pay a lot to live in that location, especially in a character building. :D

Thanks @JonnyCanuck, the difference is that Strategic Group redevelopments will be at a commodity level rental whereas Metropolitan is millennial focused (but lacking near amenities). Any info on 11th & 11th, I didn't see it on the map?

Personally, I don't think Barron will go, too beefy. I can see why Place 926 would make sense, much more manageable floorplan. Good for someone who wants to be close to downtown, Bow Valley Trail. I haven't spent a lot of time around there in the evening, is there much in the way of amenities / nightlife / restaurants?

@MJC , this is the info that has shown up so far for the 11 and 11th project.
https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/f...int-tower-138m-43s-cidex-ramsay-worden.24467/

I find that part of the Beltline to be pretty quiet, but not necessarily in a bad way.
Amenities are not far as a walk to 17th is closer than it looks, and it’s a short walk to the LRT. Further down 11th heading east there are some restos and pubs. It a nice quiet part of the Beltline that is handy to amenities in all directions.
Thanks @JonnyCanuck, the difference is that Strategic Group redevelopments will be at a commodity level rental whereas Metropolitan is millennial focused (but lacking near amenities). Any info on 11th & 11th, I didn't see it on the map?

Personally, I don't think Barron will go, too beefy. I can see why Place 926 would make sense, much more manageable floorplan. Good for someone who wants to be close to downtown, Bow Valley Trail. I haven't spent a lot of time around there in the evening, is there much in the way of amenities / nightlife / restaurants?

I find that part of the Beltline to be pretty quiet, but not necessarily in a bad way.
Amenities are not far as a walk to 17th is closer than it looks, and it’s a short walk to the LRT. Further down 11th heading east there are some restos and pubs. It a nice quiet part of the Beltline that is handy to amenities in all directions.
I think he was referring to Place 926 (926 5th Ave SW)

From the main construction thread.
Yes 100% - this would be perfect. Can you send this to Druh Farrell/Nenshi?

Noticed this building was undergoing reno's, looks like Strategic's converting to residential along with their Barron Building project. Pretty meh, but more residential across from the under construction 11th + 11th project - this areas becoming another solid residential cluster. Would love to see Cidex get started on the former Atco site along 11th ave, or for Cressey to launch their project on 12th Ave. Most of the Beltline south of say 13 ave is actually quite dense and developed with midrise/highrise. Much rather see more vacant land/underutilized sites between 10 and 12th ave developed which appears to be an increasing trend.

View attachment 158452

https://strategicgroup.ca/new-developments/
upload_2018-9-27_15-53-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-27_15-53-22.png
    upload_2018-9-27_15-53-22.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 508
Whats the word on the Barron Building conversion?

Whats the word on the Barron Building conversion?
I haven't heard anything lately. With one conversion done and one underway..possibly another one (Artis REIT) underway soon, it might be a while for the Barron Building. It would be awesome if they did convert it.

My dream is for Western Canadian Place to be converted to residential.

Yeah that's true, BVC would be perfect due to the small floor plates. That would be awesome, and it would look super good with sunken balconies!

Yeah that's true, BVC would be perfect due to the small floor plates. That would be awesome, and it would look super good with sunken balconies!
I'm not an architect, so I can't confirm, but yeah it seems like doing the sunken balconies at BVC would be easy enough. The other thing great about BVC is it has two floors of retail, converting a tower or two to residential might be the perfect catalyst for someone to put in a grocery store.

I would like to see the Home and Dome tower (if they're still called that) converted. such an awesome location for a downtown residence. Right above the Core and an LRT station.

Back