News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

re: concept C and metro lines

Metro

• New metro line along Queen Street in Toronto linking with the Bloor Danforth
subway both in the east and west areas of the city, and an Eglinton metro line
from Kennedy station to Pearson Airport.
• Extension of the Sheppard subway to Downsview in the west and to Scarborough Town Centre in the east.
• An extension of the Scarborough Rapid Transit (SRT) to Malvern Town Centre.

For Concept B and C it proposes a new line for Hamilton along Hamilton Moutain from Meadowlands to Limeridge Mall but if you look at the map it's going along the Linc yet the report clearly says it'll go along Mohawk Road. So that's confusing, which is it? Linc or Mohawk?

Ooh, rerouting of the Richmond Hill GO line out of the Don Valley...at the proposed speed of 80 km/hr, you could do Union Station to Leslie and Sheppard in 12 minutes. Imagine the possibilities!

Ooh, rerouting of the Richmond Hill GO line out of the Don Valley...at the proposed speed of 80 km/hr, you could do Union Station to Leslie and Sheppard in 12 minutes. Imagine the possibilities!

That 12 minute trip time is following the current alignment - in the valley. EMUs could handle those demands without breaking a sweat. DMUs could do it too, but might sweat just a little.

For Concept B and C it proposes a new line for Hamilton along Hamilton Moutain from Meadowlands to Limeridge Mall but if you look at the map it's going along the Linc yet the report clearly says it'll go along Mohawk Road. So that's confusing, which is it? Linc or Mohawk?

The map is not to scale, and routings are not finalized.

re: concept C and metro lines

Metro

• New metro line along Queen Street in Toronto linking with the Bloor Danforth
subway both in the east and west areas of the city, and an Eglinton metro line
from Kennedy station to Pearson Airport.
• Extension of the Sheppard subway to Downsview in the west and to Scarborough Town Centre in the east.
• An extension of the Scarborough Rapid Transit (SRT) to Malvern Town Centre.

I'd love to see that be made a reality. It only makes to make Queen and Eglinton subway lines. Look how points of interest (commercial/residential/industrial/special interest) all line up nicely along those corridors. IMO it's long overdue.

Note that GTA West / Mid-Pen (aka Niagara-GTA) are excluded from Concept B & C....
tup.gif

Hopefully the proposed 404, 427, and 407 highway extensions, as well as the Pickering Airport, and killed off ASAP.

Here's my idea for a DRL:

subwaymw0.jpg

it looks like you're crossing the Don River twice?

Any combination of DRL + Don Mills line would have to cross the Don twice. Once on the Leaside bridge, the other near the mouth.

Its a good proposal. I prefer the Metrolinx solutions myself (because I had a hand, if only a miniscule one, in them), but I do like the connection between the Weston Corridor and the CNE grounds. It would only get maximum useage 2 weeks out of the year, but would be good for Liberty Village and City Place all year round.

I do support the 427 extension, but only to the CP yard at Rutherford Road.

Any combination of DRL + Don Mills line would have to cross the Don twice. Once on the Leaside bridge, the other near the mouth.

Its a good proposal. I prefer the Metrolinx solutions myself (because I had a hand, if only a miniscule one, in them), but I do like the connection between the Weston Corridor and the CNE grounds. It would only get maximum useage 2 weeks out of the year, but would be good for Liberty Village and City Place all year round.

I do support the 427 extension, but only to the CP yard at Rutherford Road.

I think taking the 427 to Barrie is a good thing, it gives a alternate to when the 400 is closed

Hmm I didn't even see the mouth crossing. I was only looking further up. So it actually looks like it crosses 3 times in total.

You're right. It does. But like I said, every Don Mills proposal follows that general route. Its the #25 bus route.

The DRL crosses the Don twice. The southern bridge is pretty inconsequential, as the channeled river is quite narrow at that point. The northern bridge over the valley would be more complex.

Good map. I'd say the airport should be served by the DRL, not the Eglinton line. A lot more people from the airport are going downtown than any destination along Eglinton, so going downtown should be a one-seat ride.

With urbanfan's map, you could easily extend his downtown line to the airport along the weston corridor.

With the Metrolinx web proposal, you would have the choice of going to downtown using Georgetown services, to midtown using the 401 services, or to midtown using the Eglinton services. All of the bases are covered.

Back