News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Not sure what Mississippi has anything to do with this. Ontario is not gonna get a cent from their taxes so how they spend their own tax dollars is irrelevant

My opinion is use tax dollars to focus to help those in need during COVID and nobody seems to be losing jobs/livelihood over this cosmetic change so it can take a backseat.

Hope this multi million dollar tax funded activity will take of less priority to support job losses, closed businesses during COVID and could resume in 2050, hope no more waves of pandemic then

Mississippi officially adopted a new flag in the general election!

They went from this:

1604541430136.png

To this:

1604541465075.png

Now let's get Ontario to change :)

Attachments

• 1604541361870.png
    1604541361870.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 275

They went from this:

View attachment 280838

To this:

View attachment 280839

A drastic improvement though it is................

I could really do without the fatalistic, superstitious text.
As I have stated earlier, the new flag of Mississippi inspired me to come up with a design of the Ontario flag resembling the Canadian flag, but with different colours and a stylized trillium in the centre.

A drastic improvement though it is................

I could really do without the fatalistic, superstitious text.

Agreed - script or text is a huge no-no in terms of good vexillological design rules.

Unfortunately, the Mississippi legislature mandated that that phrase had to be included on all proposals for a new flag. Two steps forward, one back...

As I have stated earlier, the new flag of Mississippi inspired me to come up with a design of the Ontario flag resembling the Canadian flag, but with different colours and a stylized trillium in the centre.

Let's see it!

They went from this:

View attachment 280838

To this:

View attachment 280839

Strictly from a Vexillology perspective, this is a pretty significant downgrade. Obviously it was worth it to remove the racist part of the flag, but man, that new design breaks so many basic flag design rules.

To be honest, I was always intrigued by the medicine wheel of the Toronto sign. I think it would make a great flag: unique, memorable, and easy to replicate. I would just slap it on a solid color background, but other options are also welcome as long as it is simple. (all images are from google image search)

Medicine-wheel.png

4423f4a37d14d47dd89dbac23350f837.jpg

medicine_wheel_flag__06008.1536356867.1280.1280.jpg

circle-of-life.jpg

Strictly from a Vexillology perspective, this is a pretty significant downgrade. Obviously it was worth it to remove the racist part of the flag, but man, that new design breaks so many basic flag design rules.

Stylize the magnolia more, lose the writing, and re-align the stars to fill the gap of the removed text and you've got something decent.

If the concern of the current flag is that it is too colonial, the first one certainly solves that!

The second one could leave us open to copyright infringement by South Korea.

Wouldn't it be considered cultural appropriation to adopt that as Ontario's flag?

I don't think you'll find a lot of buy in for using a spiritual symbol on a new flag, especially one so garish.

Back