News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Ontflag2.jpg

At the very least, Manitoba should be forced to change their flag. More than the Ontario flag design itself, I dislike how similar it is to Manitoba's flag.

At the very least, Manitoba should be forced to change their flag. More than the Ontario flag design itself, I dislike how similar it is to Manitoba's flag.
They should both change to fully unique and distinctive designs.

Welp, if you made the centre part yellow, it would be fairly Brazilian in it's approach... 😼

Please excuse my crude PP attempt below. While not a design that I personally would pick, I believe it's a decently elegant and simple compromise that would be palatable to traditionalists while following vexillological recommendations. It retains design cues and the colours of the Union Jack while still creating a distinctive flag for Ontario. The blue stripes on the top and bottom can also be interpreted as a nod to the bodies of water at the northern and southern ends of the province (Hudson Bay and the Great Lakes). Maybe to compromise even further and make it even more British-y for those loathe to give up that influence you could angle the stripes diagonally as well, which could make it more striking. And with the presence of both conservative blue and liberal red, there's something here to like for those of all political stripes! Thoughts?

View attachment 453667
Tory Blue and Liberal Red…..not sure where or why the boreal forest green does not show, and perhaps the copper orange to signify natural resources extraction, and then you have all the main political spectrums covered as well.…And although I am not qualified to speak with any authority, I believe that Ontario First Nations use the cedar as a symbol of peace and reconciliation, so perhaps as part of the trillium motif?

Utah has officially adopted a new flag as of today:

From this travesty:
1679531552181.png

To this:
1679531621331.png

If even a conservative place like that can replace a terrible flag design without much fuss, there really shouldn’t be an excuse in Ontario…

Utah has officially adopted a new flag as of today:

From this travesty:
View attachment 463514

To this:
View attachment 463515

If even a conservative place like that can replace a terrible flag design without much fuss, there really shouldn’t be an excuse in Ontario…
Yes, but it seems now they have four state flags (one official and 3 historic) and proposing a law that the old one must be flow with the new one. It doesn't seem as straight forward as it appears, and it took five years to get to this point..

What are they, the beehive capital of the US?

Yes, but it seems now they have four state flags (one official and 3 historic) and proposing a law that the old one must be flow with the new one. It doesn't seem as straight forward as it appears, and it took five years to get to this point..

What are they, the beehive capital of the US?

They are called the "beehive state"; has to do with the LDS Church's scripture.

You are correct that the old flag is still being kept active as a "historical" flag, but that really was just a shrewd, politically palatable maneuver to appease regressive elements of society opposed to any change in state symbols while introducing a new official flag. Check mate. In a way, it's a brilliant approach even if on the surface it seems convoluted.

Back