8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

thettctransitfanatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a thread dedicated to the proposed western extention of the Relief Line. If you want to discuss the main section of the DRL that will soon be built, talk about there.

Last edited:
This is a thread dedicated to the proposed western, northern, and eastern extentions of the Relief Line. If you want to discuss the main section of the DRL that will soon be built, talk about there.
I don't know what you mean by Eastern extension?

There is 1 thread for
Relief Line South: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/ttc-relief-line-south-in-design.6155/page-735
Relief Line North: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/ttc-metrolinx-relief-line-north-proposed.28508/

I think it should be clarified that South is actually "South-East", North is actually "North-East", and this should be clarified as "South and West".

The westerly extension would likely start after Phase II, north of Danforth Avenue.

Going west, it would start by using the tail tracks west of Osgoode Station. My guessing that the tail tracks are more than 25 m below the surface. From Appendix 3-1, Relief Line South Horizontal and Vertical Alignment of the Environmental Project Report. The westerly extension would start west of John Street. See link.

1546819536350.png

Last edited:
Just to give my two cents, I think this thread should be renamed Relief Line West.

The Relief Line South thread and project is what you might refer to the "east" arm of the Relief Line (Phase 1). The Relief Line North thread can entail the planned extension to Sheppard (Phase 2), and any future extensions beyond Sheppard can also be discussed in that thread.

Relief Line West has been identified as Phase 3. This should be the Phase 3 thread.

Just to give my two cents, I think this thread should be renamed Relief Line West.

The Relief Line South thread and project is what you might refer to the "east" arm of the Relief Line (Phase 1). The Relief Line North thread can entail the planned extension to Sheppard (Phase 2), and any future extensions beyond Sheppard can also be discussed in that thread.

Relief Line West has been identified as Phase 3. This should be the Phase 3 thread.

I just renamed the thread.

The westerly extension would likely start after Phase II, north of Danforth Avenue.

Going west, it would start by using the tail tracks west of Osgoode Station. From Appendix 3-1, Relief Line South Horizontal and Vertical Alignment of the Environmental Project Report. That is west of John Street. See link.

View attachment 170063

It will be interesting to see, where the western extention will end up going, hopefully to Liberty Village, Humber Bay Shores and Mississauga. Those areas need it.

Good thing the Four Seasons Centre has numerous rubber isolators, because having a potential interchange station would otherwise be disruptive to the performers and to the audience.

Created a map of a possible future Dufferin alignment of the DRL in the west end, added a jog between St Clair and Eglinton west to Keele. Don't really see this line going beyond Eglinton.
50069645_10157027610877370_1004819100821618688_n.jpg

Created a map of a possible future Dufferin alignment of the DRL in the west end, added a jog between St Clair and Eglinton west to Keele. Don't really see this line going beyond Eglinton.

My thought is that if a Dufferin alignment goes beyond Eglinton, then the goal should be interlining it with a Sheppard West subway extension. Subway loop anyone?

Dufferin north of Eglinton still has development potential even if it is too close to the Spadina Line. Multiple lines servicing Yorkdale Mall and the eventual Downsview redevelopment isn't a disaster by any means.

Two new lines through downtown.

Not too firm on it, but DRL up Keele since likely least amount of effort. Since it's up at Queen, stay on Queen all the way to High Park.
The other "DRL" goes to the Ex and Humber.

View attachment 170066

Now, here's the good thing about this, the Dufferin one proposed in this thread is too close to the Spadina Line, so this is a better alternative.

Back