News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

York-Durham had damage from a tornado, otherwise I'd see it as a possibility for filming. There must be a reason why Waterloo Central or Guelph Junction isn't being used either. (A shame OBRY isn't an option anymore.)
I think they had, what, one power unit, and their excursion pax consist was sold (to Waterloo St Jacobs?).

The previous season, a grade crossing on the South Simcoe Railway was used for a filming location for The Handmaid’s Tale.

Who knows why the ONR equipment is being sent so far away. It’s also odd that Port Colborne is being used for a rail filming scene.

Who knows why the ONR equipment is being sent so far away. It’s also odd that Port Colborne is being used for a rail filming scene.
Apparently they are doing a very large chunk of the filming of this season down there, which may explain the reasoning behind the train going down there.

As for why ONR, and not any of the historical societies and museums - I suspect that ONR was just far easier to get the equipment to where they wanted it. The freight railways are anywhere from actively ambivalent to outwardly hostile to old equipment moving on their trains.

Dan

Apparently they are doing a very large chunk of the filming of this season down there, which may explain the reasoning behind the train going down there.

As for why ONR, and not any of the historical societies and museums - I suspect that ONR was just far easier to get the equipment to where they wanted it. The freight railways are anywhere from actively ambivalent to outwardly hostile to old equipment moving on their trains.

Dan
So they will need CN Pilots to get to Port Colbourne?

Dan
Plus with the filter the Handmaidens Tail uses you won’t be able to see the navy blue of Ontario Northland

Screenshot_2022-08-19_161718.jpg

Are those the same as the blue VIA cars? I guess they cannot be refurbished and used on the polar bear express.
According to this listing 855 might have been:

Edit: The listing says ex-VIA#s but I didn't correlate whether they were former 'blue' fleet.

AIM recycling is beside the ONR yard where the stub end of the CN Newmarket Sub crossed the ONR. They have a siding off the ONR but they might simply scrap them in situ.

Last edited:

Ontario Northland unveils train carrying important message​

In North Bay on Monday, Ontario Northland unveiled a painting that will be on the Polar Express train that travels between Moosonee and Cochrane.

The locomotive has been off the tracks for a few weeks, but the newly painted orange train car with the saying 'Every Child Matters' will rejoin the Polar Bear Express route soon.

Back