News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Taken August 24, 2009.
3854819187_bca0e668d4_o.jpg

Should be seeing glass soon hopefully! I'm curious how dark it will be.

Daily Commercial News

Onward with Onyx condo construction in Mississauga, Ontario
September 1, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

A section is hoisted up at the Onyx condominiums on Webb Drive in Mississauga, Ont. Owner/construction manager Davies Smith Developments Inc. has completion of the 36-storey, 353-unit project scheduled for July 2010.

The work also includes a sauna/steam room, indoor swimming pool, hot tub, an exercise room and a rooftop terrace.

The architect for the Onyx is Raw Design. Consultants are: Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); Condeland Engineering Ltd. (civil); and Able Engineering Inc. (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Coreydale Contracting Co. (excavation); HC Matcon Inc. (site work); Avenue Building Corp. (structural steel); University Plumbing & Heating; Speedy Electric Co. Ltd; Primeline Windows Inc.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35139

The coffee shop has open.

I was in on opening day and it's a nice little place with everything from breakfast to gelato. Great addition to the neighbourhood and hopefully it's a sign of things to come for MCC as a whole.

So apparently the north face of Onyx is going to be a green glass, while the other faces will all be grey, black and silver. Should be interesting. Its too bad none of the renderings show this.

So apparently the north face of Onyx is going to be a green glass, while the other faces will all be grey, black and silver. Should be interesting. Its too bad none of the renderings show this.

Hi Tuscani!

Just curious where you got your info. I'm on the North side and I don't want green windows! I want the black windows as promised! Though, mind you, the condo model has green windows all around.

Floorplans

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering whether the floor plans on their website include the balcony in the total size or is it just the indoor size. For eg. the 774 sq ft one bedroom has a balcony size of 9.0 X 9.10. Does the 774 include the balcony size?

Thanks.

Hi Tuscani!

Just curious where you got your info. I'm on the North side and I don't want green windows! I want the black windows as promised! Though, mind you, the condo model has green windows all around.

I got it from the architects website. Its in their description of the building. I guess we will have to wait and see what ends up going up, since the model has one colour, the renderings another and the descriptions say another.

working on the 14th floor....pic by airstream at SSC....

IMG_0225.jpg

Onyx starting to make an impact...pics by Jasonzed at SSC...

09262009034.jpg

09262009038.jpg

09262009020.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have to take that pic down as it shows a pedestrian in the MCC and that's taboo on UrbanToronto.

Whoa, I think I see another one in the distance! Are we sure this isn't a photo of Fifth Avenue?

Well, in fairness the one in the foreground is heading into a parking lot to get his car, so maybe he doesn't count.

Tho from the pictures that block really does seem put together well enough. The massing seems appropriate for what you'd want on a walkable street anyways

He might not be walking to his car. I walk through that parking lot all the time, due to there being no sidewalk on that side. (Which is really stupid by the way...)

Onyx is moving pretty quickly now. I wonder when we'll see some glass. I also like that it's not perfectly square, with that angled western side.

Back