News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I have never seen an LRT/heavy rail system with as many issues as Ottawa's. Literally every 2-4 weeks there is something new that goes wrong with this thing, it just looks like an embarrassment at this point.
It will be interesting to see how TTC introduction of the Bombardier Flexity on Line 5 compared to Alstom Citadis on Line 6 works out. Waterloo's introduction of Flexity equipment seems to have gone far better than what's happened in Ottawa.

It will be interesting to see how TTC introduction of the Bombardier Flexity on Line 5 compared to Alstom Citadis on Line 6 works out. Waterloo's introduction of Flexity equipment seems to have gone far better than what's happened in Ottawa.
Do the people running the system know what they are doing?

Do the people running the system know what they are doing?
That's the question isn't it. If Line 5 operations start as smoothly as Waterloo (there'll be some issues - there always is), but Line 6 is very problematic (especially in the winter), then it would likely mean it's probably a Citadis issue. If Line 5 and 6 both start equally, then Ottawa is probably a competence issue, and not a vehicle issue.

Though I suppose it might be some of both.

Of course, I'm overly simplifying this.

Disdn't they have the TTc come in at some point to help them out with some line managment isues they wer having?
That would be a very sad state of affairs if that were true. Considering the TTC is absolutely abysmal at line management themselves.

Back