News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

flar

Member Bio
Reaction score
ottawa_pano.jpg

Excellent image! Ottawa truly does have some of the most hideous commercial buildings of any Canadian city.

The Ottawa Skyline...An excellent pic!

Flar: This is a excellent view of the Ottawa skyline-with Canada's Parliament buildings in the center.
Which Hull building did you go to the top of to take this?
Does Hull have any sort of skyline that warrants a pic like this one?
LI MIKE

The shot was taken from the 24th floor of Place du Portage. Hull has a skyline, there are far fewer buildings but a couple of them are taller than downtown Ottawa's buildings. I'll post a picture of the Hull skyline tonight when I get home.

A couple different angles of Hull. The building on the far right in the first picture is where I took the pano from (24th floor). The brown building on the left of the bottom picture is the tallest in Ottawa region.

00107.jpg

00084.jpg

A little look at Hull,Quebec...

Flar: Thanks for that info and pics-does that building you photographed from have a public observatory? If not-someone did you a nice favor!
What is that tall building in that 2nd pic?

LI MIKE

The tall brown building is part of les Terasses de la Chaudiere. All of the large office buildings in Hull are Canadian Federal Government. There is no public observatory, but I was on the 24th floor of Place du Portage Phase 1 the other day and snapped a few quick shots with my point and shoot.

You know, we're quite unusual in that respect. Most places with long, grey winters tend to prefer bright and colourful buildings.

I'm with ganja on this one. This is one of the worst skylines imaginable because the 20 storey office blocks are tall enough to lower the dignity of the Peace Tower but are not tall enough to be a commanding presence on their own.

Ottawa is one of the most liveable cities of its size in North America but architecturally it's a dog's breakfast.

Post your photos of Ottawa's skyline here!

Here's some shots from this weekend:

Ottawa by Marcus Mitanis, on Flickr

The buildings in the background are actually in Gatineau, Quebec: