40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

DSC19100.jpg

DSC19000.jpg

DSC19063.jpg

DSC19023.jpg

DSC18871.jpg

Thanks again for the pictures. I'm curious how citizens of Paris view their city with regards to it essentially being a tourist wonderland? I'd imagine it's something that people get used to, but there is always a negative connotation to the term "tourist" so I'm wondering if that's the case there. I'm also curious what kind of relationship people in Paris have with the spaces that are primarily known as tourist destinations (Tuileries/Louvre, Champs de Mars/Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysee/Arc de Triomphe, etc). Being in a city with so many of them, it must sometimes feel like large parts of your city don't belong to you but rather belong to the millions of tourists who visit every year.

MK: Let me second JN12's post and I will again thank you for this continually growing topic of Paris pics here...

I have taken more notes and will post them in multiple posts so I do not lose a large single post of information as I have before...

I have another interesting Paris find to mention: A 1967 English edition guide book and detailed map of the Central City and the Metro...
This item was found like the Michelin 1976 Guide I have previously mentioned...at a local book sale.

As I mentioned whenever I find items like these about places that interest me I try to obtain them-and this item cost me again one US Dollar...

I wish I had scanning capabilities-the maps alone are quite interesting! LI MIKE

My grand parent gived me a map of Paris and its inner suburbs of the 1960's, it was very interresting to see that many thing have changed.
They told me that if there are many thing that they would not reconized.
The building where lived my grand father (motherside) in the 13th arrondissement was demolished in the 1970's to build a shopping center.

DSC19752.jpg

DSC20852.jpg

DSC19869.jpg

DSC20702.jpg

DSC19691.jpg

MK: Again more good Paris pics! I have pages of notes to post when I can get a chance on recent pics...

How did Paris fare from the recent snowstorm? I noticed the snow in pic #1520 and hopefully it was better then how NYC fared in the blizzard of 12/26-27 2010 in which NYC is STILL recovering...

Speaking of Paris: The Philadelphia Flower Show which will be
from March 6 to 13,2011 will be: "SPRINGTIME IN PARIS"

The show is held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in
Center City Philadelphia,Pennsylvania and other info can be found at:

www.theflowershow.com and with some sectional detail at:
www.theflowershow.com/attractions/index.html

I am basically not too interested in this but I do think that this may be a nice event to bring a date to...

I posted this here because of the Paris picture topic...

Happy New Year 2011 to you and all! LI MIKE

Last edited:

Back