I contacted bell trying to take advantage of the 6 months free in our building and they said i had to contact the number and talk to the rep that was on the paper that was dropped off in our lobby

does anyone have the number and the name of the rep

thanks

I contacted bell trying to take advantage of the 6 months free in our building and they said i had to contact the number and talk to the rep that was on the paper that was dropped off in our lobby

does anyone have the number and the name of the rep

thanks

Don't know about the rep in our area, but Gary @ 416-652-2288 will sign you up.

The deal is 6 months free bundle on a 2 year contract. Internet is FTTH 50/50 with a $33 discount from months 6+. You can add $10 for unlimited internet. Don't need to get the phone portion if you don't need it. Comes with free installation and PVR.

Last edited:
Can you get TV only? I already have internet with Rogers. I think my 300gb extreme for $45 a month may be better.

After 6 months free, which is the minimum amount you can scale the TV package down to?

Can you get TV only? I already have internet with Rogers. I think my 300gb extreme for $45 a month may be better.

After 6 months free, which is the minimum amount you can scale the TV package down to?

I don't think you can get just TV. Bell Fibe TV is IPTV (over internet)....so it seems like they'd want you to buy a bundle

I guess that's true, i'll probably mention them one more time to Vandyk and state if they are not fixed soon I will be filing the tarion claim.

good call. I will do the same. I hope that'll scare them a bit. I'll just say I'm filling out the form Friday if the work is not done.

mark024, from my experience, all managers have an office staff to be the filtration system for issues and developments. They are also responsible for following up on whether or not it was resolved. In my line of work, if I didn't have reception and admin staff I would cease to exist with the volume of clients we have. It's incredible for one person to satisfy and prioritizing only satisfies 5%.. the rest suffer.

I mention this because as noted above when I talked to Anna she was first going to pass on my concern, I guess to whomever was in charge of dealing with my type of concern, but then called back and told me that she got direction and was able to make the contacts and schedule the appointment herself.

Again, I'd be useless without my admin staff. I really feel that goes for everyone in business.

Seriously everyone, anna.molchanova@skywater.ca ... I got nowhere before... I'm tempted to call her and ask if she has received anything pertaining to these issues from anyone. Javier told me that it was a wiring issue ... and it has since been fixed.

I agree though that a response with some suggestion towards action or ETA or whatever would make a world of difference...this are circles back to my original mention of frustration.

Yes, that would make sense in a business world, but it's really not up to me to try to understand the hierarchy at Shitwater Property Management. If Harold is including his name and contact info documentation he expects to hear from us. These guys are in the customer service business but haven't a clue what it entails.

I thought Anna was for booking and administrative stuff, but if she's making things happen I will start contacting her. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, have to agree with Mark on that one. Harold is listed on every document we receive, he is the property manager. He is supposed to be the main contact for anything property related.

I know people in other condos where their property management seems to be quite a bit more involved and are on the ball very quickly. Our condo corp is paying this company quite a bit of money and for a new building in which this is our first property management firm, you would think they would be trying to work extra hard to make a good impression on everyone.

Since contracts were not allowed prior to the condo registering, can't this company be given the boot at anytime? I would rather have a better known company managing the building with a lot more staff at their disposal.

I've only ever rented or owned houses so I'm not sure about how property management companies operate.
The contact lists show :
Harold, Walter, Kaleigh, Anna and Javier for our 180 unit Condo. That's not sufficient?
Their phone directory suggests that there are multiple property managers that work for them.
I Googled them when I first read zzz's disapproval of Skywater, they have like over 40 properties. Is that small? I'm not familiar with the standard set up.

The only thing I know is that you can't fire or hire anyone until you have a full scope of where the flaws were with the previous and what your expectations are of the company bidding. Educated hiring.

Mind you, if they are small by comparison to others, that might mean our monthly fees are less likely to go up and up annually?

Regardless, fretting over the little things is a time waster when you consider what the real world is like in Condominium ownership

Here are some links to my personal concerns:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2012/09/03/fraud_forces_condo_owners_to_pay_thousands.html

http://metronews.ca/features/toronto-condo-fraud/

http://canuckpost.com/2013/09/toronto-plotting-to-bust-condo-scams/

... and so on and so on. These people are responsible for so much when you really think about it. It's best not to fret over the little things but rather work with them, guide them, bond with them, get to know them so that you can foresee future problems.
I feel like, if it's true that they are small then I think that it would be easier to avoid the above issues (see links), and things won't fall through cracks. But again... if they currently have over 40 properties then my question is why are there issues and what can be done about it. Why is it that it works for some and not for others? Where is the disconnect and how do we reconnect?

Again, business perspective.

Oh and zzz, contracts or no contracts according to the details in the Condo Act and other various sources, yes the "boot" can be given etc. However, there must be proper notification because the full "account" ... we're talking financial too, has to be prepped and transferred over seamlessly, by no means irrupting the flow of finances coming into the corporation nor interrupting the contracts/work/earnings of existing contractors and employees... There's a fair bit to it all.

When I click on 'contact us' at the bottom of Skywaters webpage, the names listed there are the same names we were provided. Harold is listed as the main person. I am wondering if he is the "property manager" for every building they manage.

But yes, I am aware there would obviously have to be some sort of transition period and notice provided to them.

When you call the main company line (416) 481 - 5656 and hit option 3 you can hear and be connected to all the names and extensions of all the property managers. Not sure why the website wouldn't have a similar directory.

Is anyone else on the 4th floor sick of hearing that bird on the South end?
I can hear its chirping from inside my unit way down the hall. Someone in the elevator said it's a Parrot and does this when the owner is gone.

Oh and I don't think I emailed Harold for a long time about the AC in the gym, but I received this email randomly this week:

There is an issue with the wiring that we discovered. The breaker on the mechanical system is not correct. It can’t handle the load. The developer has been notified at the beginning of the week and they said they would get it resolved as soon as possible.

I will let you know what the outcome is.

Last edited:
Is anyone else on the 4th floor sick of hearing that bird on the South end?
I can hear its chirping from inside my unit way down the hall. Someone in the elevator said it's a Parrot and does this when the owner is gone.

Oh and I don't think I emailed Harold for a long time about the AC in the gym, but I received this email randomly this week:

There is an issue with the wiring that we discovered. The breaker on the mechanical system is not correct. It can’t handle the load. The developer has been notified at the beginning of the week and they said they would get it resolved as soon as possible.

I will let you know what the outcome is.

It's good that they're updating you on the whole issue...but their explanation is weird.

If the breaker can't handle the load, wouldn't it have tripped?? The first guy that came to repair it (who told me the lines 'froze') would have seen the tripped breaker and had to reset it . After ~5 times or whatever, wouldn't someone have noticed the issue?

It seems like a similar problem to what I had with my AC. They used a 4 wire system instead of a 5 wire system, so I had to add a wire for power. Without it, the AC fan would stop running after a few minutes. I thought it was due to the Nest thermostat I used (wasn't getting enough power draw with the 4 wires) but it might affect the gym thermostat too?? Who knows.

I did notice the gym lights dimming occasionally (which is a sign of the AC being on the same breaker as the lights) so who knows.

That's odd with your AC. Mine seems ok and stays blowing until it reaches the desired temp and then shuts off. It will come on again and every now and then thereafter to maintain it.
I wonder when they will turn the heat on in the hallways? November? It's always pretty warm in my unit, I wonder if the heat will seep into my unit from the hallway and avoid us having to use our own much during the Winter.

Oh and for TV - when the rogers guy first came to hookup my cable for the vip bundle, he mentioned it was left uncapped. So others might have the same thing in their unit?
I actually just had it removed today since they weren't offering a great discount to keep it and he didn't do anything, just took the box. I just did a channel scan and I am picking up 40 something analog and a bunch of digital music stations.. lol. So for anyone that doesn't care about HD, it seems like we can get basic cable for free.

Last edited:
That's odd with your AC. Mine seems ok and stays blowing until it reaches the desired temp and then shuts off. It will come on again and every now and then thereafter to maintain it.
I wonder when they will turn the heat on in the hallways? November? It's always pretty warm in my unit, I wonder if the heat will seep into my unit from the hallway and avoid us having to use our own much during the Winter.

Oh and for TV - when the rogers guy first came to hookup my cable for the vip bundle, he mentioned it was left uncapped. So others might have the same thing in their unit?
I actually just had it removed today since they weren't offering a great discount to keep it and he didn't do anything, just took the box. I just did a channel scan and I am picking up 40 something analog and a bunch of digital music stations.. lol. So for anyone that doesn't care about HD, it seems like we can get basic cable for free.

haha did anyone see the letter/memo on the wall in the gym?
Apparently there is an issue with Rogers "switching to digital cable". There's the one TV in the gym that doesn't work for cable for whatever reason so it looks like Vandyk posted a letter saying they're upgrading all the boxes in the gym to digital ones to resolve the issue... but someone wrote all over the letter saying that the signal works fine.
I've only had trouble with 1 of the 3 TVs so upgrading boxes probably unnecessary.

haha did anyone see the letter/memo on the wall in the gym?
Apparently there is an issue with Rogers "switching to digital cable". There's the one TV in the gym that doesn't work for cable for whatever reason so it looks like Vandyk posted a letter saying they're upgrading all the boxes in the gym to digital ones to resolve the issue... but someone wrote all over the letter saying that the signal works fine.
I've only had trouble with 1 of the 3 TVs so upgrading boxes probably unnecessary.

I figured it was someone from here who crossed out Skywater and wrote 'idiots' haha

The whole 'digital switch' thing is weird. The small boxes under the TV are digital adapters (to get channels 2-60 or so). They are free from Rogers and the most basic thing they offer. It seems like they want us to switch to the digital set top box (probably NOT free) but I'm not sure why. We don't need extra STB features like the guide or options/settings etc.

The one without the box have the cable plugged directly into the TV so we're still getting an analog signal (I think channels 2-26). This won't last long as Rogers has been phasing out analog for digital the past few years. As soon as they get everyone off, they'll shut it down.

Back