Anybody having issues with the fridge. ??

I've been noticing my foods going bad,
if I put at one degree below normal, my milk goes bad and there is still one week before expiry.

if I put it at normal, my salad [just vegetables] is all frozen, and the leaves are all dark...., the iceberg gets frosted, my cucumbers get wet and soggy, my yogurt freezes,

Every week, I lose some kind of foods. Is that normal?

I am not really seeing a huge savings from Rogers even with the 6 months free? Let's not include the box rentals in the calculation. Even if you got a smaller Bell TV package, the prices are all pretty comparable. It's maybe saving you a few hundred over 24 months based on the TV package you choose to continue with after the 6 months free. If you scaled down from the $108 TV package to say $80, it's saving you like $250. I guess it depends on the channels/quality as well.

VIP Package 73.34
Internet 45
24 Months $2840.16

Bell TV 108
Internet 63.95
6 months free = 18 months $3095.1

Yeah, they're both pretty much getting me the same price. It just depends on your needs/preference.

The good news is the government just announced they are going to force telecoms to offer a la carte programming (chose which channels you want). I don't know how this will be set up (hopefully packages of 10, 15, 20 etc). I'd love to just pay for TSN, CBC, LeafsTV and SportsNet. That's all I watch and it would be like $6 a month haha

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/13/canada-politics-idUSL1N0I30BW20131013

Anybody having issues with the fridge. ??

I've been noticing my foods going bad,
if I put at one degree below normal, my milk goes bad and there is still one week before expiry.

if I put it at normal, my salad [just vegetables] is all frozen, and the leaves are all dark...., the iceberg gets frosted, my cucumbers get wet and soggy, my yogurt freezes,

Every week, I lose some kind of foods. Is that normal?

I noticed kinda noticed things going back fast, and that my fridge has pretty bad condensation sometimes.

If your yogurt is freezing in the fridge....something is definitely wrong haha

Mine seems ok. I leave it on 5 (normal) and nothing is freezing.

I wish there was an option for the freezer section as well, it seems weird there is a dial for the lower section, but not the freezer section. Ice cream is always too hard.

As the cold weather approaches, I'm starting to think about our water heater/the electrical space heater in the utility room. I'm assuming the heater is there/on so the water line doesn't freeze. So I'd think as soon as it hits 0C we should be turning those back on...

It's gonna suck having it on 24/7 for the entire winter, but I'm not sure we have a choice. Anybody know if the outlet has a separate switch to the panel inside the unit? It would be nice to at least be able turn it on/off as needed in relation to outside air temp.

I think I am going to take my chances and leave it off until something happens. Peoples bills seemed to be super high until they turned them off.
It's crazy to buy a new place in 2013 and have to worry about an electric space heater for your utility room. I wish some kind of ventiliation was inserted into that room from the living room, so that the space heater wasn't needed.

I tried the breaker switch for it before and if you turn it off, it also turns off the water heater, since its plugged into the outlet in the utility room. So it doesn't seem like there is away to turn it off separately.

Last edited:
I think I am going to take my chances and leave it off until something happens. Peoples bills seemed to be super high until they turned them off.
It's crazy to buy a new place in 2013 and have to worry about an electric space heater for your utility room. I wish some kind of ventiliation was inserted into that room from the living room, so that the space heater wasn't needed.

I tried the breaker switch for it before and if you turn it off, it also turns off the water heater, since its plugged into the outlet in the utility room. So it doesn't seem like there is away to turn it off separately.

haha yah, I'm thinking the same thing. As soon as someone experiences an issue let us know so we don't all have to learn the hard way :p

For you guys thinking of waiting till something happens just know that any damage to the building and other peoples suits will be your responsibility , hope you have insurance !

I do.
Also don't think I have ever seen any documentation about it in the first place. Seemed to be an after thought. I doubt most people even know about it.

Last edited:
They'll probably be around turning them on soon. I think it was a mistake putting the utility rooms outside, but nothing can be done about it now.

The base heater should have a thermostat that turns off when a certain temperature is reached. My utility room was sweltering last spring so maybe they just had it set too high.

Well the fact that they went with tankless water heaters makes me wonder why they couldn't just stick that in the laundry room still, that would avoid the water line issue.
I do like the added space, but I doubt it really saved us much by moving everything out there. You don't buy a brand new condo to have to deal with a space heater for your unit in 2013.

I am not looking forward to running that thing 24/7 all winter to keep my outdoor closet heated with my $35 water heater rental, the bills will be big. I think if it wasn't for the huge window opening behind the furnance vented to the ouitside, the room could stay pretty insulated. Wasn't a pipe vent to the outside good enough? I wish the room was connected to the unit and could be entered through the living room or something and shared the heat.

Last edited:
They'll probably be around turning them on soon. I think it was a mistake putting the utility rooms outside, but nothing can be done about it now.

The base heater should have a thermostat that turns off when a certain temperature is reached. My utility room was sweltering last spring so maybe they just had it set too high.

they didn't come around to turn them off, so i dont think theyll be around to turn them on either. not exactly their responsibility.
hmmm.... good idea about the thermostat switch/sensor. i wonder if such a thing exists.

Yep, there are better space heaters out there with temperature display and auto shutoff, so that could potentially be something to replace it with.

For you guys thinking of waiting till something happens just know that any damage to the building and other peoples suits will be your responsibility , hope you have insurance !

ya , they build a brand new building without knowing how , lol like are you serious ?

There are engineers that have to design these buildings with every consideration taken ... Im sure they are smarter than the average 5th grader ..

ya , they build a brand new building without knowing how , lol like are you serious ?

There are engineers that have to design these buildings with every consideration taken ... Im sure they are smarter than the average 5th grader ..

I would feel awful if I ruined someone's suit.

Back