The garbage situation is sad. The garbage room on the 1st floor, north end has never worked, not while I've been living here. One of the buttons has broken off completely, and you can't select the other ones. I was thrilled when I saw they were going to do organics as well as recycling, but this pathetic.

On another note: has anyone eaten at any of the places in the plaza right by us? I haven't and I was wondering if there was anything decent. I did go to a bbq place not far, on Dundas, north side of the street, between Cawthra and Dixie. It's called Holey Smokez and it is super tasty. It's in this ghetto-ish strip mall and doesn't look like much from the outside but the owners are really nice and the brisket and pulled pork are awesome, as is the mac and cheese. Anyways, highly recommend that place.

Bother garbage room chute buttons on the 4th floor have never worked since I occupied in April. I heard someone may have clogged it/broke something on one side of the building, not sure about the other, but they may have turned both off ever since.

I have eaten at the Vietnamese restaurant in the plaza near us a few times, it's pretty good I think. Seems fresh, decently priced and large portions.

The best pizza is at Maconi's in the plaza just south of burnhamthorpe and there is a decent Chinese place called china city on bloor and Mississauga vally.on an other not only the party room can be reserved not the terrace anyone who tells you different or try's to book is wrong.

When is your first board of directors meeting? It's September now. Get rid of these Skywater clowns.

As far as I know, Bell isn't offering the free 6 months anymore. They do have deals that seem better than Rogers though, but you have to find a rep willing to offer them. According to RedFlagDeals, this is their current hidden promo:

The guy doesn't want to deal via email... said phone only haha. (I prefer to have things in writing). I'll give him a call today and see what happens.

The best pizza is at Maconi's in the plaza just south of burnhamthorpe and there is a decent Chinese place called china city on bloor and Mississauga vally.on an other not only the party room can be reserved not the terrace anyone who tells you different or try's to book is wrong.

Hi, are you sure? I contacted Ana and she booked the terrace for me for this Saturday. If it'll be occupied by someone else I'm not gonna be happy :(

The terrace is a public space so you or her should not be 'booking' it at all. This is why we have a party room.

I agree and so does the rest of the board.there is no problem with people having parties but they have no rite to restrict anyone from using the terrace at any time,furthermore all furniture is not tone moved or relocated from one side to other.These issues have been discussed at board meetings and this information should be passed on by management !

How come Peel Region delivered recycling bags to everyone?

I saw the cleaning lady dropping them off this morning. I asked her about the locked room and she said the recycling bins are kept near the south side I guess. I got the feeling that they're never planning on fixing the chutes...

So were you the guy that just signed up before me? Haha

Yeah, I did talk to Gary. They do still have the 6 month free promo for the best TV package, fast internet and home phone... but it requires a 2 year commitment, which is a little steep. But considering you can cancel the whole thing for $300, it's still worth it (easily $300 worth of programming/features from just 2 months of billing). So I will do this 6 months then see in 5 months where I want to be.

Yeah, I did talk to Gary. They do still have the 6 month free promo for the best TV package, fast internet and home phone... but it requires a 2 year commitment, which is a little steep. But considering you can cancel the whole thing for $300, it's still worth it (easily $300 worth of programming/features from just 2 months of billing). So I will do this 6 months then see in 5 months where I want to be.

Yeah our building is fibre wired so we get better deals. And I agree, it's a good deal and the idea of not paying for another 6 months was too good to pass up. Also you can downgrade your package after 6 months to save money as you probably don't need the BEST TV package (Better is still pretty good, the only channel you lose that matters is LeafsTV :D)

Rogers has a 300gb extreme 30mb dl free modem rental for $45 a month for new customers right now.

Rogers has a 300gb extreme 30mb dl free modem rental for $45 a month for new customers right now.

You can probably get a bit better deal through retentions if you're cancelling you're 6 month free bundle. When you ask to cancel they automatically transfer you to retentions, so it's worth a try.

The Bell deal for our building is any bundle free for 6 months on a 2 year contract. Internet is 50mb/50mb fibre, and months 6-24 are around $53. I believe it comes with 175GB, but I added unlimited for $10. Bell Fibe has a much better TV system/PVR, but there wasn't anything in terms of discounts in our deal. The guy said to call back at 6 months and negotiate discounts, but I don't know how well that will go as it's a contract.

Also, the garbage chutes are magically working today ahhaha

Back