News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

F2lDHPxWQAIekYU

Although this site really should have had a taller building and it wasn't as nice as the historic building it replaced, it did have a presence.

Really, almost anything is better than a now long empty lot. It is sad how this site has devolved over the years.

I do hope that whatever is eventually built here can incorporate a number of the aspects of the historic building that was here and should have never been torn down in the first place. Its not easy to fix things like this, but we really need to correct some of our past errors like this one if we want a much better downtown.

Although this site really should have had a taller building and it wasn't as nice as the historic building it replaced, it did have a presence.

Really, almost anything is better than a now long empty lot. It is sad how this site has devolved over the years.

I do hope that whatever is eventually built here can incorporate a number of the aspects of the historic building that was here and should have never been torn down in the first place. Its not easy to fix things like this, but we really need to correct some of our past errors like this one if we want a much better downtown.
Honestly, if I had the money (Daryl Katz kind of money) I would build a complete replica of the original historical building here (external) with modern amenities on the inside. This kind of thing has been done in other places (mostly European and South American historical centres), and I think it would be absolutely incredible.

Honestly, if I had Daryl Katz's money, I would build a multi-purpose tower on that site c.w. ALT hotel, office, residential and a funky podium with a cafe, restaurant, spa and a gym. It will be connected to the pedway system from ECC and Manulife Place and will serve as a key pillar of Rice Howard Way. Most importantly, it will be called the Tegler Tower and it will be declared a municipal resource so that this site won't ever be demolished again.

Back