News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

phone2.jpg

Typical number of people in a Bell store: zero.

If you are a start-up with limited coverage areas, how else are you going to differentiate yourself from the competition?
For them to gain a larger piece of the pie, they will need to expand their coverage areas and improve the reliability of their service. All of that will require substantial capital and guess who will be paying for it eventually?
They will expand. They have been doing nothing but expanding since they started.
Just for curiosity's sake, does anyone out there have a Wind/Moblicity/Public Mobile phone and have any positive or negative feedback about your experiences?

I have heard that Wind has problems with dropped calls, but I've never hear anyone tell me about their experiences with a Wind phone.

Also, what's the customer service like? That was one of my biggest beefs with Fido (aka Rogers) - sure, sometimes phones have issues but you should help me deal with the issues, not tell me that I'm making them up...

Their customer service is great from all of my experiences. Friendly and helpful. They speak English. The wait times to speak with someone can be long though. I saw on their blog recently that they have hired an additional 50 reps, so hopefully that helps with wait times.

As for dropped calls? I used to get some when I first joined, but not so much now. The occasional one, but definitely not enough to bother me. I think the occasional ones I do get, are just because of elevators, or in areas with poor reception. Which can and does happen with every network out there.

Honestly, I'm shocked at just how many people sign up for these startups when they have virtualy no network.

Their monthly rates are lower because they are not greedy corporate ***holes.

That you acctualy belive that is scary.

My 3-year contract with Bell expires in 2 months, and suddenly I'm getting phone calls, e-mails and texts about a "new-phone credit". The math just doesn't add up, though. Even if you save the full price of a new Blackberry, which I probably would, the more expensive plans would eat up the savings within 8-10 months. I'm keeping my options open.

Just for curiosity's sake, does anyone out there have a Wind/Moblicity/Public Mobile phone and have any positive or negative feedback about your experiences?

I have heard that Wind has problems with dropped calls, but I've never hear anyone tell me about their experiences with a Wind phone.

Also, what's the customer service like? That was one of my biggest beefs with Fido (aka Rogers) - sure, sometimes phones have issues but you should help me deal with the issues, not tell me that I'm making them up...
I have no complaints about Wind. I've been with them for a few months now and have not had any problems with dropped calls or anything like that. I've only had to call customer service once (to recover my PIN which I forgot), and it was resolved fairly quickly.

I read in newspaper today. There will be lots of special deals from all providers this fall as back-to-school is the most lucrative time for new phone contracts.

Of the new carriers, only WIND seems to be taking prominent retail space in the malls and shopping streets and competing for Bell and Roger's typical customer base. The other carriers I find are opening storefronts in areas that nobody would have considered (i.e. Church & Dundas, etc.) and aren't putting much into them. Very cheap operations and obviously targetting a completely different type of customer.

I'm gonna go for a smart phone this summer. It's probably between the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S... both at Bell. Any thoughts on these two? Anything better than them out there?

I'm gonna go for a smart phone this summer. It's probably between the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S... both at Bell. Any thoughts on these two? Anything better than them out there?

The HTC Evo 4 is nice (possibly the best on the market), not sure if it's out in Canada yet though.

I have been on an iPhone since they came to Canada. So I'd recommend them. But the Galaxy does look like a compairable device. The only thing with Android phones is they tend to feel less finished then the iPhone and there isn't the same quantity of apps for it. Any App you did want that was on the iPhone would probably be avalible though, except the games.

Last edited:

Back