News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I don't think there's a branch of the Toronto Public Library down that way. A new one there could serve the new residents at the Ritz Carlton.

Is there a library branch going in the City Place west area with the school and the community centre? That would make some sense. There is no library in that area (apart from Urban Affairs at Metro Hall) to serve this area, AFAIK.

Well, sure there's one going in for CityPlace residents, but I want a library for Ritz and eventually Festival Tower residents. You know, one that would stock hardcover books.

Every TPL branch stocks hardcover books. Unless there's some innuendo here that I'm overlooking.

ph

i remeber when they opened the Palnet hollywood about 10 years ago. Sly and Arnold and I think Bruce Willis was all there.

Re: ph

Given everything, I'd imagine a library branch would be either "temporary", or located further west where it's less tourist/commercial, as Cityplace et al evolves...

spm:

There is space for a library at the new TCHC development at Bathurst and Bremner.

AoD

With all the conventioneers and sports fans in the area YOU KNOW it's gonna have to be a strip club. I mean it's so obvious!

Strip clubs are all grandfathered, so it can't be. Although, i don't think you were all that serious anyway. ;)

Is it too small for a Wal-Mart? :p

I'm thinking Rainforest Cafe too. Actually, that's what came to mind the moment Planet Hollywood closed.

We'll see shortly...

Several years ago now Rainforest Cafe closed their Scarborough Town Centre location and abandoned their plans to open in the Eaton Centre and Square One. I'll be surprised if they go into that spot because 1) I'm not aware of any reversal of fortune they have had lately and 2) if one crappy theme restaurant has failed in that spot already, why bring in another one?

I was kidding about the library and strip club of course, but I did want to throw the discussion open beyond the obvious (without being too obvious about it) because I just can't see any restaurant surviving very long there. Maybe if it were to be sports related, or maybe if it were to be The House of Blues.

If it were to go 'theme' though, I think we would already have seen the evening newscasters saying 'Toronto is finally getting a Xxxxx xx Xxxxx restaurant'. If it does go Ranforest, I'll buy everyone a Rumble In The Jungle Turkey Wrap™.

I've only been to a Rainforest Cafe once in Niagara Falls. I have no clue how people see that as a desirable experience. Thankfully the taxpayer was paying. I don't think there's any need to say what's wrong with it; it should be blindingly obvious. At least Planet Hollywood has a bit of a museum and memoribilia appeal to it.

Back