News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Re: ph

The problem generally is that "theme restaurants" are perceived as a pre-9/11 relic--though then again, if the days are numbered for Toronto's *original* "theme restaurant", the Old Spaghetti Factory, it can always move west...

Flag Ship Jack Astors!...Its an Ontario franchise I think.

Yep. Owned by the same guys who own Far Niente and Soul of the Vine. They originally made their money by creating a little something called Trivial Pursuit...

Jack Astor's is just down the street. As are those other truely Ontario brands, Casey's (which used to be a chain of Northern Ontario saloons exclusive to places like Timmins and Sudbury) and East Side Mario's.

I'd suggest T.G.I. Fridays, except that they already tried a few years ago in some junk test location on Adelaide nr Duncan and closed almost immediately...

I think they still have a toehold in Niagara Falls to cater to the Yanks who stay on the better side of the falls and who need TGI.

How about Bennigan's?

Speaking of NF, out of curiosity, what is so wrong with Rainforest Cafe that's immediately apparent (well, besides that looks like an overpriced themed trap)? Was the food crappy, or just overpriced? Or was it more?

Where the cheese isn't on your plate

Let's just copy and paste the description from wikipedia:

"The restaurant is decorated to resemble some features of a rain forest, including plant growth, mist, waterfalls, robotic animals and bug life. Automated water sprinklers, set to specific patterns and coinciding lights are also featured. A simulated thunderstorm occurs every 22 minutes. It is only simulated rain, instead lights flash made to look like lighting, thunder is played through high-powered subwoofers, and all the robotic animals panic"

Toss in crappy, overpriced food and the fact that about a quarter of the place is the gift shop. Need to know more?

They totally need a Chuck E. Cheese's downtown...Sheppard & VP is just too far away. Post-CN Tower birthday parties featuring clapping animatronic paws, root beer flavoured candy, skee-ball, disgusting pizza, clans of cousins ruled over by surly obese hicks, etc. It'd be awesome.

I'd suggest T.G.I. Fridays, except that they already tried a few years ago in some junk test location on Adelaide nr Duncan and closed almost immediately...

It was at King & John, actually. They had a beautiful old wooden quad shell hanging from the ceiling. My rowing club used to hand out there as a result. That didn't last long, obviously.

Speaking of "not lasting long", that Evian spa on Bloor closed down--*already*...

I'd love to see a Cheescake Factory move somewhere into the city. Those restaurants are always packed whenever i go there. I remember there was a 3 horu wait in chicago.

mmm...cheesecake...The best I ever had was a slice of After Eight® cheesecake at a specialty store in Victoria.

mmm...After Eights®...

Speaking of cheesecake factories, how about moving MissBehav'N here...

The Evian Spa was only intended to be temporary for the festival.

Back